Need to restart my laptop every time to get sound.

Anonymous
2013-03-20T19:44:28+00:00

Original title: Problems With Windows 8 Sound

Hi ,

     I got a problem with Sound in Windows 8 Operating System (hP G60 model)..Device drivers are installed properly ..!! I need to restart my laptop every time problem occurs..if i restart the laptop,  sound is working fine..!!..I have no idea why its not coming sound when i first switch on laptop.!every time i need to restart laptop for sound.! one more problem is if i haven't used laptop for 15-20min it goes sleeping  mode and  when i  used back - again facing same problem.!!..Does i need to install any drivers?..Does it require?..Plz help me out..Thank your for your help in advance.!!

Windows for home | Previous Windows versions | Devices and drivers

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

49 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2014-07-30T15:39:20+00:00

    scan hardware doesnt't work for me. This is annoying. MS should be concerned about losing the userbase instead of igoring user's issues like this.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2014-07-30T00:33:41+00:00

    I also have this problem with an Asus laptop with Conexant SmartAudio HD, similar to hpkathy's post.

    The only "fix" - which is TEMPORARY - is to scan hardware.

    WHERE IS MICROSOFT ON ADDRESSING THIS ISSUE?

    My thoughts exactly. It's clearly a widespread problem. I had this happen a year or so ago with an update and they sent a patch out or something in a few days....its been weeks....almost makes me want to go Apple...just saying...

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2014-07-30T00:31:51+00:00

    THANK YOU! This works for me too...annoying yes, but like you said, much better than restarting all the time!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2014-07-27T15:36:29+00:00

    Sadly no. Sometimes there'd still be sound after sleep mode if I open a .mkv file in VLC player before playing anything else, but I'm sure that's more of a coincidence. It doesn't help if I'm in the middle of listening to something and I get a notification that my headphones were unplugged from the audio jack (though I didn't unplug them), which is a sign that my sound has gone again and no other way to restore it besides restarting the computer. It's a pretty unpredictable problem and it just happens whenever for no special reason, it's so annoying.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2014-07-21T17:57:17+00:00

    There is another troubleshooting tutorial here:

    http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows8\_1-hardware/no-sound-in-windows-81/545bfd03-2603-43f2-b800-224784aa6a86

    This has not worked for me.  If anyone has luck with this, please let us know.

    Thank you.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments