[Nokia Lumia 620] Sad smiley on start screen :-( , cant even hard reset

Anonymous
2013-06-19T06:46:04+00:00

Hi after I bought my phone, I did not turn on Speech feature for first few months, then I wanted to give it a shot and downloaded the necessary upgrades and installed. It gives me a message that the phone need to be restarted and the phone automatically restarted but after that the phone wont start. At the start screeb after the 'NOKIA' logo and two wheels there's a sad smiley :-( and the phone remains in that state. I cant even turn it off using power button. I have to manually remove the battery every time I want to shut it down (frustrated!!) After trying soft reset for a few days, I decided to hard reset the phone. But I cant even perform hard reset. From some post I came to know - I need to press my volume down, power & camera button simultaneously, and when the phone restarts press the volume down & camera button only. Tried several times. But in vain.  I additionally tried resetting the phone with microsoft suggested way of turning off the phone (in my case removing battery and putting it back) then turn on, hold the volume down but exclamation mark does not come for my case, it keeps on restarting with NOKIA logo only, still I tried Volume Up, Volume Down, Power, Volume Down (as suggested by microsoft) but no use.

Can anyone help me with this problem, at least any hard reset method?

Here is a picture of the start screen

https://skydrive.live.com/redir?resid=34767C3C0FBB2476!203&authkey=!AOk9YlUKt9S1D8s

Thanks in advance for any kind of help

Moderator's note: Post was moved to the appropriate board.

Windows for home | Other | Devices and drivers

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2013-06-19T07:15:48+00:00

This might be a hardware related issue so you should contact your local Nokia Care center for a hands-on look.

Was this answer helpful?

80+ people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

40 additional answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2015-12-09T13:32:27+00:00

    PLS HELP! RECOVERY TOOL HAD FAILED!

    CANT RESET MY LUMIA , EVERY TIME SAD SMILY SHOWS! AND THIS CONTINUOUS......

    PLEASEEEEEEEEEEEEE HELP SOMEONE!

    THIS IS MY ONLY PHONE! IN A BIG TROUBLE!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2015-11-04T06:53:17+00:00

    I am using lumia 730. followed mentioned steps but same problem.

    plz reply another email id : ******@gmail.com

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2015-09-17T07:13:03+00:00

    Thanks a lot!

    I googled 'til this link for the program:

    http://windowsphoneapps.es/2013/10/nokia-software-updater-retail-4-1-disponible/

    It's going to download 4.1 version, but the program will update to a newer version in order to work.

    My firmware was 1.55GBs. Hopefully the program keeps track of your download if it losts connection.

    I changed the screen display and digitizer of my old Nokia Lumia 620. After this reset I got the system booted but no touch response; a battery pull solved the issue. Phone's running again (:

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2015-09-09T16:18:37+00:00

    i hope all you guys already solved the problem.i experienced same problem last night read this and finally got a clear and complete solution

    if anyone cant solve the problem please feel free to contact me *** Email address is removed for privacy ***

    please tell me how to solve it.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments