how to make windows 8 look and act like windows 7

Anonymous
2012-12-05T01:37:11+00:00

Recently bought a new laptop, from HP and I am so confussed with the new windows 8, I can't even use the darn thing, reminds me of the time I was stuck with an Apple Machine.  Is there a way to change the screen and start up to look and behave like Windows 7?

Other wise, I'm giving this piece of junk a good toss out the window. And I don't mean Windows 8.

Thank you for any help you all can be, I just wanted a new computer not an operating system like this..

Windows for home | Previous Windows versions | Windows update

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

42 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2014-04-03T09:27:26+00:00

    Well I have some good news yeah!!!!!! I have finally got windows 8 to look and act like windows 7 Hurrah for me!!!!!!! I downloaded and installed something called classic shell and now my stupid windows 8 looks and feel and acts just like windows 7, so much in fact that I have also done this for about 20 or so of my friends, and they are all happy too. if like me you really cannot get on with windows 8 then try this out, one note though I did have to update windows 8 to 8.1 before it would take the classic shell, but no biggie eh I cot what I wanted in the end and I am a happy girlie.

    Betty

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2014-04-02T23:35:09+00:00

    I agree with you.  I have very happily smashed to bits every apple product I've ever had looks like I will do same with this windows product.

    time to break out the typewriter

    at least with paper the text doesn't float change size jump to other areas of the page etc..

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2014-02-27T16:03:04+00:00

    Well I for one think that this is a great answer Hurrah for you!!!!!!!!!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2014-02-05T00:15:13+00:00

    I ended up getting Windows 7 to work by deleting every drive/driver and running Linux grub through it. Once it was cleared it accepted Windows 7, only set back was that I needed to reinstall all the drivers. All is well, but still don't use it as much as I thought I would.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2014-02-04T23:15:59+00:00

    Could not agree more.  Every release of Windows is worse and worse.  Every time I move my mouse the stupid screen goes back to the start menu.   I can't find simple apps like before.  I can't switch between apps without opening a new instance, on and on.  Windows itself is nothing more than a way to access other applications.  Microsoft has literally made that so difficult now I just don't even want to use it anymore.  Do what I did, buy XP and reformat the drive and start over.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments