do you know how stupid this sounds....... but thanks for letting me know so now I don't have to keep trying to find a way to download stuff but know I know that I cant. if you work for micosoft can you please talk to them about like having an update for the surface pro 2 and like have the update like make it so that we can download stuff like games or even when I try to go on google and when I type in chrome I want the app and shit but like I cant. but as I was saying can you talk to them about having an update so we can download stuff please and thank you.
This app can't run on your PC
Dear Support Team :
I just bought a MS Surface RT , I was downloaded some programs like cCleaner ,teamviewer ( I download via internet explorer ),after I that I was trying to install those program but it display error message " This app can't run on your PC " , Why Microsoft build a Windows tablet that not allow to install program ? Some program I could not find in the Store , so What should I do ? Please Help ....
Best Regards
Lak You
Windows for home | Previous Windows versions | Microsoft Store
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
48 answers
Sort by: Most helpful
-
Anonymous
2014-10-27T20:32:14+00:00 -
@CmdrKeene 90,631 Reputation points Volunteer Moderator2014-10-27T15:15:15+00:00 Hi Nicholas,
The Windows RT platform is like the Apple iPad platform, where apps can only come from the App Store only (you can't download things directly from the Internet on iPads or RT tablets).
To find apps for your RT system, open the Windows Store app.
-
Anonymous
2014-10-27T14:53:31+00:00 im having the same problem as them like everytime I go in the internet and try to donload like anything it always tells me that I cant do it
-
Anonymous
2013-08-06T19:25:58+00:00 I'm going to use One note instead , thk
-
@CmdrKeene 90,631 Reputation points Volunteer Moderator2013-08-06T18:30:32+00:00 Nope, the SkyDrive app itself will never do that. If you want to do that you would need Microsoft Office for Android from the Google store.
Or you could use a Windows tablet/phone, which has this built-in.