Want to disable Airplane mode

Anonymous
2012-12-28T20:02:33+00:00

Original Title: airplane mode

how do you disable and remove airplane mode. my laptop never leaves the house, so I don't need this feature. my Toshiba laptop keeps going into airplane mode by itself and I can't get it off. I've tried looking in control panel, settings and anywhere else I can think, but there isn't a place that addresses airplane mode.

Windows for home | Previous Windows versions | Internet and connectivity

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2013-08-08T15:11:44+00:00

I found the solution to this problem at:

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20121227004715AAu7ZM7

The solution provided by 'shakira':

go to start menu

search up "brightness"

click on adjust screen brightness

On the side you will see "Panel Open-Power On" click on that

go to keyboard tab

check the option that says "Standard F1~F12 mode"

then it'll say that you have to restart computer click yes to restart now or restart later

When ur computer is done restarting u wont have that problem

This works.

Was this answer helpful?

200+ people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

47 additional answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2014-06-24T17:34:45+00:00

    Microsoft instructs me to be sure my airplane mode is off , but I don't know how

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2014-06-08T11:17:28+00:00

    Thank you! this worked for me too.

    * DELL Inspiron 14 Windows 8.1 32-bit

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2013-08-08T07:12:52+00:00

    Mr. Babu,

    The link you have suggested unfortunately does not provide any solution to the problem.  I don't know if this happens on all laptops running Windows 8 or not, but on my Toshiba Satellite laptop, pressing the function key F12 toggles between airplane mode on and off.

    Many of the custom programs I have written use the Function keys including F12 to help users select different options.  In Windows 8, hitting F12 key disconnects me from the network by toggling airplane mode.

    Is there any way in Windows 8, the function keys could be configured so that they function as simple/plain function keys?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2012-12-29T14:09:15+00:00

    Hi,

    Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. 

    As I understand, you want to disable airplane mode. I can imagine the inconvenience you have experienced. Don’t worry; we will certainly help you.

    I would appreciate if you could answer the following questions:

    What is the make and model of your computer?

    You may refer this link and check if it helps.

    Configure WiFi Connection and Airplane Mode

    http://blogs.msdn.com/b/zxue/archive/2012/03/08/win8-howto-18-configure-wifi-connection-and-airplane-mode.aspx

    Hope this will be helpful. If you still have further queries, please reply us and we will be happy to help you.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments