Why are some images on my computer distorted while it isn't on other computers?

Anonymous
2012-07-25T09:41:02+00:00

Image Example:http://images.wikia.com/smurfs/images/d/dd/Movie_Clumsy.png

This is one of the images that appears "distorted" on my computer screen. If by "distorted", I mean the colors are somewhat unnatural and leaked... kinda like a painting of some sort...

All of my computer equipments are working properly, and my screen doesn't show any distorted images except for some images like that given example on top.

I have also updated my NVIDIA driver to the latest version and even reinstall it just to make sure!

I am not so sure about this but... I think only PNG formats are distorted... but that is still unconfirmed...

Anyway, please help! Thank You!

Windows for home | Previous Windows versions | Music, photos, and video

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2012-08-10T08:36:54+00:00

I have found out that my web provider is compressing images on the net for faster browsing.

And to view and download web images successfully, I have found an alternative.

I simply download a "User Agent Switcher" add-on for Firefox and switched to "Googlebot 2.1". After that all images that were wrong on the net went right.

I am only posting this in case some other people are also experiencing my problem.

Thank you to the following for their efforts:

Vinod N

James.Burgess

And thank you Dissed for putting the most efforts in posting!

Again, Thanks guys!

Was this answer helpful?

1 person found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

41 additional answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2012-07-26T23:38:20+00:00

    Click on your start button and type dpi,

    Page 2, use default,

    To check your resolution,

    Right click your desktop background and click on Screen Resolution,

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2012-07-27T11:04:09+00:00

    I changed my DPI, but it's still the same distorted image...

    Anyway, how do you post images here? I wanna post my screenshot of the distorted image so that you can examine what's wrong with it...

    Thanks a lot!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2012-07-27T14:23:32+00:00

    Crop a section of the screen shot to 400 pixels wide, I think 450 pixels is the maximum to fit in these posts, it used to be 500 pixels.

    Upload the file to the same file sharing site you used prior,

    View the original file you uploaded and right click and select Copy,

    Open a reply here and right click and select Paste,

    At this point I can't rule out a video card failure.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2012-07-28T08:00:31+00:00

    What file sharing site should I use?

    sorry for asking... but thanks!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments