Why are some images on my computer distorted while it isn't on other computers?

Anonymous
2012-07-25T09:41:02+00:00

Image Example:http://images.wikia.com/smurfs/images/d/dd/Movie_Clumsy.png

This is one of the images that appears "distorted" on my computer screen. If by "distorted", I mean the colors are somewhat unnatural and leaked... kinda like a painting of some sort...

All of my computer equipments are working properly, and my screen doesn't show any distorted images except for some images like that given example on top.

I have also updated my NVIDIA driver to the latest version and even reinstall it just to make sure!

I am not so sure about this but... I think only PNG formats are distorted... but that is still unconfirmed...

Anyway, please help! Thank You!

Windows for home | Previous Windows versions | Music, photos, and video

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2012-08-10T08:36:54+00:00

I have found out that my web provider is compressing images on the net for faster browsing.

And to view and download web images successfully, I have found an alternative.

I simply download a "User Agent Switcher" add-on for Firefox and switched to "Googlebot 2.1". After that all images that were wrong on the net went right.

I am only posting this in case some other people are also experiencing my problem.

Thank you to the following for their efforts:

Vinod N

James.Burgess

And thank you Dissed for putting the most efforts in posting!

Again, Thanks guys!

Was this answer helpful?

1 person found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

41 additional answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2012-08-03T03:23:46+00:00

    I was referring to the website where the pictures you selected that first one from.

    I wanted to see what type of download options they had, plus I wanted to see what file type was offered when I right click and point at save picture as.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2012-08-03T01:25:00+00:00

    Post a link to the site,

    Not the same link you posted prior,

    Where the thumbnails or choices of files to download is.

    Here is a link to the distorted and clear image.

    http://sdrv.ms/NpjEMj

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2012-08-02T22:10:53+00:00

    Post a link to the site,

    Not the same link you posted prior,

    Where the thumbnails or choices of files to download is.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2012-08-02T16:45:57+00:00

    I think I figured out what's wrong with the "distorted" images!

    I tried to download the same image on my PSP using the same internet over wifi, and it shows a very clear image, and then to prove something, I transferred the clear image to my PC and what I see now is ALSO a clear image and not the distorted one!

    What I don't understand is why my PC keeps on downloading the distorted image, but my PSP doesn't...

    I am using the same Internet connection on my PC and my PSP, so meaning the internet doesn't have anything to do with the distortion.

    I looked at the distorted image and the clear image's differences. It seems that the "clear" one is much larger than the "distorted" one.

    Differences between the two images' sizes

    Clear Image:                                                 Distorted Image:

    Size: 228KB                               VS               Size:95.4KB

    Size on Disk: 232KB                                    Size on Disk:96.0KB

    By the way, any browser I used still downloaded the same distorted image...

    I just need to know how to prevent my PC from downloading this distorted image.

    Thank You!

    Any reply is GREATLY appreciated!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments