Msn zone backgammon Cheat

Anonymous
2012-10-31T12:34:57+00:00

there is a msn zone backgmmon cheat that allow a player to stall the game then turn the timer against his opponent. It has happend to me 5 times in the last 10 days.

1- Player (A) use the cheat against  player (B).

2- Player (A) stall the game.

3- Player (B) try to force player (A) to play by clicking on player info then the yes button to force player (A) clock to start but nothing happens. 

4- It still show that it's player (A) to make a move but his timer doesn't start.

5- Player (B) still waiting for Player (A) to make his move and wondering why Player (A) timer didn't start!

6- Player (A) tells Player (B) that the dog ate the timer.

7- Player (B) timed out instead!! and lose the game inspite it was Player (A) turn to make a move and player (B) couldn't do anything to stop this cheat.

Is microsoft going to do anything about this? or maybe I should start looking for other gaming sites?

Windows for home | Other | Gaming

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2015-02-18T13:54:56+00:00

This has been happening for over 10 years now, it will never be fixed. About 1 out of every 10 matches with ranks over 2100 you will encounter a cheat. This is what I do...

  1. Never play against "Guest" - they use Guest because they are blocked by so many players now.
  2. When you know they are cheating, add them to your "do not match" list.

3. Quit the game and never deal with that pathetic loser again.

Help improve the backgammon community by losing gracefully and never stall. The person you are playing is not responsible for the dice roles they get.  If anyone stalls you follow the same steps above. If EVERYBODY does this the losers will only be playing each other in a  very short time.

P.S. The dice are random, they act exactly like real dice even though sometimes the roles seem incredible. If you play enough with real dice you will realize this.

Was this answer helpful?

5 people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

58 additional answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2015-05-17T20:27:01+00:00

    It seems to me that i have run into alot of gammers who like to cheat.

    The problem is not that they like to cheat, but that they are able to cheat. Somewhere there is a code that enables them to do that. I as I said before have made my peace with the inevitable (at times) and still play occasionally. I don't think this is the place to discuss the state of whichever society. Have fun.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2015-05-15T12:37:26+00:00

    Thank you for taking the time to reply.

    It seems to me that i have run into alot of gammers who like to cheat. I put them on my no play list. I also noticed that people with a 2100 score or better get their  score by cheating . It is a sad statement about our society-  Take care

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2015-05-14T14:17:52+00:00

      I play the computer on my tablet most of the time now. 

    The only challenge against the bot is to win a Backgammon. I manage to have 14 Computer checkers on my ace point. With patience it should be possible to get them all, but it's very boring. You might want to think about getting a better bot. MSN Games will never fix the problem of time bandits. It's been going on for years. Also one shouldn't rely on the "Do not match" list. On the disbanded MSN Games Forum many players claimed that that list didn't work on rated games. I play 50 or so matches to 2100. Then I rest this nic for six month and start all over again. If you choose to play MSN BG just live with stallers, abusers and cheaters. I don't get upset about the problems. It's a waste of time and energy.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2015-04-18T00:37:08+00:00

    I am getting sick and tired of all the cheating and people with foul language.  I have a rating of just over 2000 and I am no cheat, however my rating never stays up there goes down then back up and so on.  I never play anyone over 2100.  However just played someone approx. 2050 and guess what put timer on me so I lose.  This needs sorting my MSN/Microsoft whoever deals with it.  It ruins everyone else's pleasure of just playing a friendly game, win or lose. (although nicer to win :-)

     My rating never goes up even though I'm not that bad because of the people you speak of.  I would love to run into you and play for a while. The best way to improve your game is to  play someone better than yourself and study their moves. Causing someone to time out or leave a game because you are loosing is a chicken way to go. I play the computer on my tablet most of the time now. To much trouble. Hope to run into you one day.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments