Msn zone backgammon Cheat

Anonymous
2012-10-31T12:34:57+00:00

there is a msn zone backgmmon cheat that allow a player to stall the game then turn the timer against his opponent. It has happend to me 5 times in the last 10 days.

1- Player (A) use the cheat against  player (B).

2- Player (A) stall the game.

3- Player (B) try to force player (A) to play by clicking on player info then the yes button to force player (A) clock to start but nothing happens. 

4- It still show that it's player (A) to make a move but his timer doesn't start.

5- Player (B) still waiting for Player (A) to make his move and wondering why Player (A) timer didn't start!

6- Player (A) tells Player (B) that the dog ate the timer.

7- Player (B) timed out instead!! and lose the game inspite it was Player (A) turn to make a move and player (B) couldn't do anything to stop this cheat.

Is microsoft going to do anything about this? or maybe I should start looking for other gaming sites?

Windows for home | Other | Gaming

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2015-02-18T13:54:56+00:00

This has been happening for over 10 years now, it will never be fixed. About 1 out of every 10 matches with ranks over 2100 you will encounter a cheat. This is what I do...

  1. Never play against "Guest" - they use Guest because they are blocked by so many players now.
  2. When you know they are cheating, add them to your "do not match" list.

3. Quit the game and never deal with that pathetic loser again.

Help improve the backgammon community by losing gracefully and never stall. The person you are playing is not responsible for the dice roles they get.  If anyone stalls you follow the same steps above. If EVERYBODY does this the losers will only be playing each other in a  very short time.

P.S. The dice are random, they act exactly like real dice even though sometimes the roles seem incredible. If you play enough with real dice you will realize this.

Was this answer helpful?

5 people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

58 additional answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Deleted

    This answer has been deleted due to a violation of our Code of Conduct. The answer was manually reported or identified through automated detection before action was taken. Please refer to our Code of Conduct for more information.


    Comments have been turned off. Learn more

  2. Deleted

    This answer has been deleted due to a violation of our Code of Conduct. The answer was manually reported or identified through automated detection before action was taken. Please refer to our Code of Conduct for more information.


    Comments have been turned off. Learn more

  3. Anonymous
    2015-06-17T09:16:55+00:00

    Hi,

    I received a email from the zone mater stating tha servers will be changed this summer and that it will fix the problem.

       HIP HIP HOORAY

    If it were only true.  

    I don't play for ratings but for the fun of it and to relax. Cheaters spoil it for everyone.  There are so many nice people out there that a few have to put so many good people on edge. 

    Please post a copy of your letter. I know we would all love to see it. Maybe then Microsoft would feel compelled  to back up their word and truly install a new server that should solve the problem.  I must say I am honestly surprised at the total of number of responses the problem.   So many with the same issue. 

    Keep up the good work of reporting and writing and maybe they will keep their word and fix the problem.

    Please, please post the letter.

    Thanks

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2015-06-09T19:46:48+00:00

    All we can do is persist and report CHEATERS until we escape the oppression of sociopath trolls, the tyranny of buggy software exploited Ad nauseam, and the mediocrity of management who simply ignore a nagging problem that undermines the security and reliability of Microsoft and MSN software and service. 

    I really didn't want to insert all this. It has been reported and reported. I gave up years ago. All I ever got was automated responses. Fact is 50.000 players online and 255 Backgammon players as now. MSN will ignore it and the few who will complain are nothing more than a gnats bite, being adressed at their FB page to the tune of: "Multiplayer games are down. We are aware of the problem". The ability of not been able to run a proper Backgammon bot is not undermining MSN. Automated responses will take no time at all and no human resources are wasted. The number of people that are upset is negligible. Cheaters and all other problems concerning the programming have never been adressed. I'm not saying one shouldn't persist, but I think it's rather futile.

    A server change doesn't change any of the programming faults.

    Not all players at higher ratings are cheaters and I had very good matches even coming in with a lot lower rating. I feel that many posters are too much concerned about their rating. I really don't care that much, but I will be annoyed when time is wasted by abuse and stalling. I have reported stallers and abusers. It doesn't stop. As far as I know nobody ever gets banned. The only thing that happens is that the rating stays intact but the player has to choose a new nic and to what use it that. Fact is the risk of been timed out is very high if e.g. 2000 versus 2300 and thousand of matches.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments