Msn zone backgammon Cheat

Anonymous
2012-10-31T12:34:57+00:00

there is a msn zone backgmmon cheat that allow a player to stall the game then turn the timer against his opponent. It has happend to me 5 times in the last 10 days.

1- Player (A) use the cheat against  player (B).

2- Player (A) stall the game.

3- Player (B) try to force player (A) to play by clicking on player info then the yes button to force player (A) clock to start but nothing happens. 

4- It still show that it's player (A) to make a move but his timer doesn't start.

5- Player (B) still waiting for Player (A) to make his move and wondering why Player (A) timer didn't start!

6- Player (A) tells Player (B) that the dog ate the timer.

7- Player (B) timed out instead!! and lose the game inspite it was Player (A) turn to make a move and player (B) couldn't do anything to stop this cheat.

Is microsoft going to do anything about this? or maybe I should start looking for other gaming sites?

Windows for home | Other | Gaming

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2015-02-18T13:54:56+00:00

This has been happening for over 10 years now, it will never be fixed. About 1 out of every 10 matches with ranks over 2100 you will encounter a cheat. This is what I do...

  1. Never play against "Guest" - they use Guest because they are blocked by so many players now.
  2. When you know they are cheating, add them to your "do not match" list.

3. Quit the game and never deal with that pathetic loser again.

Help improve the backgammon community by losing gracefully and never stall. The person you are playing is not responsible for the dice roles they get.  If anyone stalls you follow the same steps above. If EVERYBODY does this the losers will only be playing each other in a  very short time.

P.S. The dice are random, they act exactly like real dice even though sometimes the roles seem incredible. If you play enough with real dice you will realize this.

Was this answer helpful?

5 people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

58 additional answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2015-06-02T05:21:38+00:00

    support options are here: http://zone.msn.com/en/support/article/support3500.htm

    I have done this several times. Followed the steps as described. Funny, never received

    anything back from  Zmaster. No questions, no we have resolved, nothing.  I have however

    run into the same abusive people over and over again.

    I would like to have the job of one of the guys who are supposed to be resolving the issues.

    Seems they have a light load.

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2014-07-21T21:22:59+00:00

    TO MSN:

     My backgammon opponent just rolled these sequence of dice prior to the end of the game: 
    

    44, 11, 66, 33. LMFAO -you have ruined the great classical game of backgammon and converted it into a meaningless piece of **** as is evidenced beyond doubt by this sequence of rolls. Four sets of doubles in a row to finish the game. MSN cheats and then lies and says the dice are "random" when any fool can see that is just patently false. MSN's game is a fraud that should be called BACKSCAMMON.

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2015-06-02T07:06:59+00:00

    yep, the old back and forth stall still works. never play anyone with a rating above 2000.

    I just had a very interesting game with someone. We were evenly matched for the first 2 games.

    I won the first game but then he doubled on the second game, and every game after. Rolled double 4's like they were giving them away, when pulling his pieces from the board would roll one set of numbers and then pull different pieces( say roll a 5-3 and pull from the 5-4 slots). This happened 3 games in a row. Finally, after watching several games closely,  I  mentioned to him that he rolled to many perfect numbers and to many double 4's. He said it wasn't him, it was MSN. I had heard that sometimes MSN employees would play and manipulate the programs, so I asked him if he worked for MSN.  He told me sometimes and yes when he plays backgammon.   After asking why they didn't play fair he timed me out, foze the game so I could not move and times out.

    I took a screen shot of what I was able to got of our conversation before timing out.  I have taken off my name as well as his in case he is innocent, which I doubt.  Not a fake, this happened!

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2015-04-17T17:19:45+00:00

    I am getting sick and tired of all the cheating and people with foul language.  I have a rating of just over 2000 and I am no cheat, however my rating never stays up there goes down then back up and so on.  I never play anyone over 2100.  However just played someone approx. 2050 and guess what put timer on me so I lose.  This needs sorting my MSN/Microsoft whoever deals with it.  It ruins everyone else's pleasure of just playing a friendly game, win or lose. (although nicer to win :-)

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments