Can't receive Email from friend

Anonymous
2012-08-03T19:17:56+00:00

Just recently my friend's e-mail will not come thru and he doesn't get a kicked back message.And also finding others e-mails not coming thru and I have not done any changes.

Windows for home | Other | Email and communications

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

51 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2013-09-17T18:39:13+00:00

    Hi charitysmama,

     

    Thank you for posting here. I understand that you having issues with your messages in Mail. I would like to ask some questions for isolation:

    • Do you receive any error message? If so, what is the exact error message?
    • Was the affected account the Yahoo account you mentioned?
    • If you try to replicate the issue on web, does it happen there? Do you also not receive the emails there?
    • After troubleshooting the issue with HP Support, can you now receive messages normally? Does the issue on your junk mails still happening?
    • What is the version of your Mail? To check, press ALT + F in Mail then click About.
    • What is your operating system?

    In the meantime, if you are still experiencing the issue, I would like you to reconfigure your account in Mail to refresh connection between the account and the email client. Kindly follow the steps here on how to remove and re-add again the account.

     

    We'll wait for your response.

    Regards,

    Richard

    To answer your questons:

    To answer youre questons:

    Every time I try to answer I get kicked out.  Don't know what is going on.  I'll try again. Evidently I can't use the tab key for this reply. 

    To answer your questions:

        No

        No, I am using charter.

        I am not sure what Q #3 means, but my emails come thru fine on my desktop, just not on my new laptop.

        No and Yes.

        I tried this on both computers, and on the new laptop I am using Windows Live 2012.  I am using the old Outlook on my desktop and Windows Line on my new laptop.  I have been told that they aren't compatible and that Outlook will no longer be supported by Microsoft starting next year.

        Operating system, new laptop:  Windows 7 Home Premium, Desktop:  Windows 7 Home Premium.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2013-09-17T18:22:56+00:00

    Hi charitysmama,

     

    Thank you for posting here. I understand that you having issues with your messages in Mail. I would like to ask some questions for isolation:

    • Do you receive any error message? If so, what is the exact error message?
    • Was the affected account the Yahoo account you mentioned?
    • If you try to replicate the issue on web, does it happen there? Do you also not receive the emails there?
    • After troubleshooting the issue with HP Support, can you now receive messages normally? Does the issue on your junk mails still happening?
    • What is the version of your Mail? To check, press ALT + F in Mail then click About.
    • What is your operating system?

    In the meantime, if you are still experiencing the issue, I would like you to reconfigure your account in Mail to refresh connection between the account and the email client. Kindly follow the steps here on how to remove and re-add again the account.

     

    We'll wait for your response.

    Regards,

    Richard

    To answer your questons:

    To answer youre questons:

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2013-09-17T18:19:12+00:00

    Hi charitysmama,

     

    Thank you for posting here. I understand that you having issues with your messages in Mail. I would like to ask some questions for isolation:

    • Do you receive any error message? If so, what is the exact error message?
    • Was the affected account the Yahoo account you mentioned?
    • If you try to replicate the issue on web, does it happen there? Do you also not receive the emails there?
    • After troubleshooting the issue with HP Support, can you now receive messages normally? Does the issue on your junk mails still happening?
    • What is the version of your Mail? To check, press ALT + F in Mail then click About.
    • What is your operating system?

    In the meantime, if you are still experiencing the issue, I would like you to reconfigure your account in Mail to refresh connection between the account and the email client. Kindly follow the steps here on how to remove and re-add again the account.

     

    We'll wait for your response.

    Regards,

    Richard

    To answer your questons:

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2013-09-17T14:58:43+00:00

    Hi charitysmama,

    Thank you for posting here. I understand that you having issues with your messages in Mail. I would like to ask some questions for isolation:

    • Do you receive any error message? If so, what is the exact error message?
    • Was the affected account the Yahoo account you mentioned?
    • If you try to replicate the issue on web, does it happen there? Do you also not receive the emails there?
    • After troubleshooting the issue with HP Support, can you now receive messages normally? Does the issue on your junk mails still happening?
    • What is the version of your Mail? To check, press ALT + F in Mail then click About.
    • What is your operating system?

    In the meantime, if you are still experiencing the issue, I would like you to reconfigure your account in Mail to refresh connection between the account and the email client. Kindly follow the steps **here** on how to remove and re-add again the account.

    We'll wait for your response.

    Regards,

    Richard

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2013-09-17T06:39:16+00:00

    Just recently my friend's e-mail will not come thru and he doesn't get a kicked back message.And also finding others e-mails not coming thru and I have not done any changes.

    I am not getting any emails from friends with windows live, but I get tons of junk mail (39 yesterday). I don't have a Hotmail account, so that can't be the problem.  Also, if an email is put in the junk folder and I try to move it to the inbox so I can read it, WLM will move it, and when I open it up, it will put it back in junk before I can read it.  Also, when I move some emails from one folder to another, they completely disappear and can't be found.  This program is garbage, why couldn't you just stay with Outlook which was so simple to use.  I contacted HP and paid $100 for them to help me get these problems fixed, and guess what, I was on the phone with them for 7 (yes, that's right "7") hours, and finally, after being turned over to one "expert" after another, was finally able to receive one test message.  I think this is a government conspiracy to keep us off the internet.  Is there another email program besides Microsoft?  I have a Yahoo acct., but don't want to use that one, although it is easier to use than WLM.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments