Want to play chess titans on Windows 8.

Anonymous
2012-10-29T20:51:53+00:00

Original Title:

chess titans

i want to play chess titans but have windows 8 can i do it?

Windows for home | Previous Windows versions | Gaming

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

44 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2013-08-11T16:55:39+00:00

    TryThe Chess Lv. 100; Chess4All both available for free from the Store App or try **http://www.chess.com**  available on the web for free. Hope this helps and if you need further assistance post and we will be glad to help you.

    The above opinion is mine and mine alone and doesn't necessarily reflect that of Microsoft, it's employees, or any other member of this forum

    "When we try to pick out anything by itself, we find it hitched to everything else in the Universe." - John Muir

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2013-08-08T23:16:29+00:00

    As stated through out this discussion no, they were removed from Windows 8 and are not available period. If you want to play chess you will have to find a game in the App store or search the internet for a third party App. There has been several attempts at making these games available but as fast as they have been posted on some site they have removed for rights infringement. At one time I even recommended one of these sites but now thing that these "Hacks are a violation of your Windows 8 license. Hope this helps and if you need further assistance post and we will be glad to help you.

    The above opinion is mine and mine alone and doesn't necessarily reflect that of Microsoft, it's employees, or any other member of this forum

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2013-08-08T12:24:14+00:00

    Is there some way to play chess titans on my new computer windows 8.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2013-07-03T20:23:19+00:00

    Having bought a new computer, I was initially delighted to find it came with windows 8 already installed. I found it childish, cumbersome and with all the games missing. I've just started to play chess and was relying on the titan chess game that (I assumed) came with 8. My decision is made by by windows. 

    You play the old Windows 7 solitaire games, including Chess Titans, in Windows 8. See http://www.howtogeek.com/122145/what-happened-to-solitaire-and-minesweeper-in-windows-8/?utm_source=newsletter&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=200812

    But note that as Chess software goes, Microsoft Chess Titans is extremely poor. There are several much better alternatives, such and Fritz and Rybka.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2013-07-03T19:02:07+00:00

    Having bought a new computer, I was initially delighted to find it came with windows 8 already installed. I found it childish, cumbersome and with all the games missing. I've just started to play chess and was relying on the titan chess game that (I assumed) came with 8. My decision is made by by windows.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments