Im trying to work on this for someone, after I linked her email address making a Microsoft account (originally just Comcast) it says cleaning up, goes through everything, but never updates in windows live mail 2012. how do I do that?
how to delete duplicate contacts in Windows live mail
I have upgraded from Outlook express (in Win xp) to Windows live mail (in win 7 professional), while importing contact , i have done it 2 times, now i want to delete duplicate contacts in one shot. Not step by step , becoz i have 4000 contacts. I can eaisly do it by deleting all and then importing once again. but it has MSN contacts also, it says while deleting MSN contacts will delete. So I am worried, becoz first I need to take backup of MSN contacts. So I am looking for a simple process
Rajiv
(removed PII)
(removed PII)
Windows for home | Other | Email and communications
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
42 answers
Sort by: Most helpful
-
Anonymous
2015-08-04T18:20:23+00:00 -
Anonymous
2015-07-15T21:50:29+00:00 Hi FireDog,
He is talking about the fact that in 4 pages the idea of opening " live mail " and clicking cleanup contacts, does not remove duplicates, in fact it does not even show them. What it does if I have two contacts a Fire Dog, and firedog, both with the same e-mail, it will combine them. However if you simply have firedog twice or more times, it ignores it.
-
Anonymous
2015-03-31T11:24:48+00:00 ... REPLIES that do not work!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Replies to what? Please use the Ask a question option on the Participatemenu to start your own thread about your own problem. Then please give as many details of the situation as possible - your version of Windows Live Mail, your operating system, whether you're signed in with a Microsoft Account and how the duplication of contacts arose. Someone will be able to help once we know what the situation is.
-
Anonymous
2015-03-31T00:31:13+00:00 PLEASE, PLEASE no more of the CANNED REPLIES that do not work!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
-
Anonymous
2014-12-17T22:12:51+00:00 Hi Rajiv,
Please try these 2 options in Deleting/Clearing duplicate contacts:
- Open your Live Mail.
- Click Contacts on the lower left corner of your page.
- Click Clean up contacts on the Home Tab before your name, this will lead you to connect on your web page account.
- Click Save.
Or
- Sign in to People
- Click Manage.
- Click Clean up contacts.
- Click Save and continue button.
Hope these helps.
Thanks!
does not seem to work why i open contacts lower right