Further to my 11 February 2014 content I subsequently discovered that the clean up facility is not very selective in that it does not provde an option as to which duplicate is removed. This meant that sometimes it removed a contact with more inofrmation than the one retained. fortunatelly I was able to obtain this from another computer but it could have been very inconvenient.
how to delete duplicate contacts in Windows live mail
I have upgraded from Outlook express (in Win xp) to Windows live mail (in win 7 professional), while importing contact , i have done it 2 times, now i want to delete duplicate contacts in one shot. Not step by step , becoz i have 4000 contacts. I can eaisly do it by deleting all and then importing once again. but it has MSN contacts also, it says while deleting MSN contacts will delete. So I am worried, becoz first I need to take backup of MSN contacts. So I am looking for a simple process
Rajiv
(removed PII)
(removed PII)
Windows for home | Other | Email and communications
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
42 answers
Sort by: Most helpful
-
Anonymous
2014-04-04T08:57:22+00:00 -
Anonymous
2014-04-04T06:56:11+00:00 I'm struggling with the same issue.
What is the People.Live.com and is this part of Liv Mail?
I've "signed in" to this (I think) but it's just hanging on downloading and has been stuck on 2% for 30 minutes now.
There also seems to be a script error when I open the page.
Are my contacts safe if I restart this page or "clean up" operation.
I can't afford to delete them by accident
-
Anonymous
2014-02-11T07:01:42+00:00 The first option wouldn't work because of an incorrect or out of date link but the second worked well, so thank you very much for your helpful answer. I had started to delete the duplicates individually and because ti was going to take so long I did a Google search so you have helped me to save a lot of time.
-
Anonymous
2014-01-20T20:25:42+00:00 Hi Rajiv,
Please try these 2 options in Deleting/Clearing duplicate contacts:
- Open your Live Mail.
- Click Contacts on the lower left corner of your page.
- Click Clean up contacts on the Home Tab before your name, this will lead you to connect on your web page account.
- Click Save.
Or
- Sign in to People
- Click Manage.
- Click Clean up contacts.
- Click Save and continue button.
Hope these helps.
Thanks!
I still can't get to use the clean up contacts option. What do I have to do to delete an unwanted contact? I went into people, manage, but the clean up contacts was not an option I could choose.
-
Anonymous
2013-12-14T01:51:43+00:00 Hi RaySandilands,
Welcome to Microsoft Community forum!
First of all, please accept my apologies for not being able to respond to your query in a timely manner.
Please be informed that you can access your People page or **http://people.live.com******using web browsers. You may follow the steps provided by Ace_J on how to clean up contacts from your People page.
Let us know for any results on this matter.