I copied QTMovieWin.dll into the ITunes folder and I was -- for the first time -- able to access the ITunes Store from ITunes. Someone above posted 3 or 4 possible fixes, this was the second fix, and it worked for me. I was having the same problem with Windows 8. Have not checked on 8.1 yet. When I clicked on the store, ITunes just said there was a problem and closed down. After copying this file (not moving it, COPYING it) my problem was solved.
Is Itunes compatible with Windows 8
Hi everyone !
I am trying to find out if the current version of Apple Itunes is fully compatible with Windows 8 ?
I have done some research and I seem to be understanding that Apple has not updated its software to fit into the new system & there are some issues surfacing about compatibility. I am about to instal Windows 8 but I must have Itunes working perfectly with the new system as I am a devoted Apple supporter with Ipad, Ipod, Iphone etc. I know that Microsoft wants us to change to their own music system but like many people I will not change as I love my Apple products and Itunes.
Can anyone please give me some guidance. I am in Australia and Windows 8 has officially launched.
Thanks : Allan
Windows for home | Previous Windows versions | Performance and system failures
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
51 answers
Sort by: Most helpful
-
Anonymous
2013-11-03T20:36:05+00:00 -
Deleted
This answer has been deleted due to a violation of our Code of Conduct. The answer was manually reported or identified through automated detection before action was taken. Please refer to our Code of Conduct for more information.
Comments have been turned off. Learn more
-
Anonymous
2013-11-03T17:14:12+00:00 I had WIndows 8 and I got an update to WIndows 8.1. Since then, I can't connect to the iTunes Store. Has anyone had a similar problem. and if so, what did you do to remedy it? My iTunes version is up to date, all of my Windows updates are up to date, so it makes no sense. I've had trouble with internet explorer with some pages not being interactive as they were meant to be also.
Any help would be appreciated.
-
Anonymous
2013-10-24T21:05:36+00:00 I did it! I copied QTMovieWin.dll into the ITunes folder and I was -- for the first time -- able to access the ITunes Store from ITunes. Thanks for the help!
-
Anonymous
2013-10-23T22:07:38+00:00 miApple.me,
Thanks, fix #2 worked for me! In my case iTunes closed when attempting to access iTunes Store.
Win 8.1, iTunes 11.1.2.31.