Is Itunes compatible with Windows 8

Anonymous
2012-10-28T20:42:22+00:00

Hi everyone !

I am trying to find out if the current version of Apple Itunes is fully compatible with Windows 8 ?

I have done some research and I seem to be understanding that Apple has not updated its software to fit into the new system & there are some issues surfacing about compatibility. I am about to instal Windows 8 but I must have Itunes working perfectly with the new system as I am a devoted Apple supporter with Ipad, Ipod, Iphone etc. I know that Microsoft wants us to change to their own music system but like many people I will not change as I love my Apple products and Itunes.

Can anyone please give me some guidance. I am in Australia and Windows 8 has officially launched.

Thanks : Allan

Windows for home | Previous Windows versions | Performance and system failures

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

51 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Deleted

    This answer has been deleted due to a violation of our Code of Conduct. The answer was manually reported or identified through automated detection before action was taken. Please refer to our Code of Conduct for more information.


    Comments have been turned off. Learn more

  2. Anonymous
    2013-01-06T16:51:29+00:00

    iTunes has worked for me with multiple iPads, iPhones and a couple iPods.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2013-01-06T16:18:17+00:00

    Well, I can say one thing. When I run Win 8 Pro with the latest version of ITunes, it does not work.

    Kid's iTouchs, iPad, all apps, music, etc. are gone. The devices do not show up in the side bar and without running out and getting a PhD in Geekology, I'm screwed.

    I can guarantee that if the people who program this **** had the same type issues every time they turned on their TV, stereo, or light switch they would be as frustrated as I am.

    People don't have to know how a car works in order to drive it, I shouldn't have to be a computer programmer in order to get a computer to work.

    Getting used to Win 8 is bad enough let alone trying to get everything else to run on it!

    Good luck!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Deleted

    This answer has been deleted due to a violation of our Code of Conduct. The answer was manually reported or identified through automated detection before action was taken. Please refer to our Code of Conduct for more information.


    Comments have been turned off. Learn more

  5. Anonymous
    2012-12-25T18:03:34+00:00

    I just got a new computer and of course it has windows 8 went on and I cant find my library and my ipad was not syncing luckily I have a computer with windows 7 that had iTunes and was able to find my library and get everything done. Was going to get rid of that computer but I guess I wont now since seems the only way I can find what I need on I tunes.

    After upgrading my Windows 7 machine to Windows 8, my daughter was able to find her iTunes library. Wonder why you had problems?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments