How do I add a program to "startup menu" (MSCONFIG)?

Anonymous
2012-04-19T23:54:02+00:00

I went to "MSCONFIG" and a program that needs to be there to operate properly, is not there. I don't see a way to add a program.

I went to services.msc. And the program is listed as STARTED and under startup item, it says AUTOMATIC.

So how do I get it into "MSCONFIG" on the startup menu ??

Windows for home | Previous Windows versions | Apps

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2014-03-19T18:40:06+00:00

go to C:/ the search start menu, then wait for a folder Icon to pop up, while waiting make and/or copy a shortcut of the program and then when you see the start menu folder open it then programs (a folder in it) then start-up, paste the short-cut

Was this answer helpful?

1 person found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

46 additional answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2012-04-30T07:41:57+00:00

    Did you run the Removal tool?

    If not then your uninstall and reinstall did not address the probable causes.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2012-04-30T07:10:09+00:00

    Becaue it is scanning everything on startup.

    If I can get Norton 360 in my startup, it will be able to do a "Norton Insight Scan" on the startup menu. This would eliminate the need to re-scan everything, every time. Norton Insight finds folders, files, and programs that are "trusted" and don't need to be repeatedly scanned.

    This reduces the load on my computer.

    I completely removed Norton from my computer, ran the disk check.

    Re-installed Norton 360. Same problem.

    I have Norton 360 on my other computer, and it installed and runs perfectly. I only have this problem on this computer, and cannot figure out why.

    Note: Gerry, I have no time for your insults to Norton. Thank you.

    Thank you for your continued assistance Palcouk.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2012-04-25T15:37:44+00:00

    I Agree <g>

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2012-04-25T15:28:27+00:00

    It puzzles me why you see the need to pursue this point. Palcouk has told you that if Norton is scanning on startup you have no need to worry. Security software is often treated differently to other programmes. An example is that security software is never listed as a running application in Task Manager.

    Vista was a poor operating system. Windows 7 is much the better operating system.

    Why do you want Norton 360?

    When you have problems with system performance the Forum is Performance and Maintenance.

    For problems updating Windows it is Windows Update.

    When System Restore does not work it is System Repair and Recovery.

    When your budget is limited and you are fed up trying to resolve the problems mentioned above switch to a better and less problematic freeware alternative..

    When you want good freeware do not rely on a web site providing software for independent advice.

    When you are having problems removing Norton 360 try the Norton removal tool

    https://www-secure.symantec.com/norton-support/jsp/help-solutions.jsp?docid=kb20071130124653EN_EndUserProfile_en_us&lg=english&ct=unitedstates&product=home&version=1&pvid=f-home&entsrc=redirect_pubweb

    I see Noel Paton has just made the same point with a much shorter message.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments