go to C:/ the search start menu, then wait for a folder Icon to pop up, while waiting make and/or copy a shortcut of the program and then when you see the start menu folder open it then programs (a folder in it) then start-up, paste the short-cut
How do I add a program to "startup menu" (MSCONFIG)?
I went to "MSCONFIG" and a program that needs to be there to operate properly, is not there. I don't see a way to add a program.
I went to services.msc. And the program is listed as STARTED and under startup item, it says AUTOMATIC.
So how do I get it into "MSCONFIG" on the startup menu ??
Windows for home | Previous Windows versions | Apps
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
46 additional answers
Sort by: Most helpful
-
Anonymous
2012-05-16T02:03:33+00:00 Shame on you Noel <G>. You're in the same boat as me!
This page was last updated 14/08/2010! I suppose no news is good news.
Wrong.
I replied on May 10, 2012.
August 14, 2010 is when I joined. You should know that.
-
Anonymous
2012-05-10T11:26:55+00:00 Shame on you Noel <G>. You're in the same boat as me!
This page was last updated 14/08/2010! I suppose no news is good news.
-
Anonymous
2012-05-10T10:45:54+00:00 The problem is Norton's installer, and I have no intention of geting rid of Norton.
I can live with the program scanning every file in my startup menu for security.
It just slows down the startup. I was only hoping to find a way to fix it. Obviously not.
AGAIN, my computer runs awesome. I definately prefer Windows 7 over Vista anyday.
-
Anonymous
2012-05-05T15:37:26+00:00 I repeat - 'God help you'
Once you get rid of Norton, we may be able to assist - until then all I can say is 'good luck - you'll need it'.