Remove account picture

Anonymous
2012-11-29T09:05:29+00:00

I accidentally set the account picture for my logon screen from the camera. The quality is very bad, every time I look at it it makes me sad and I don't currently have alternatives. I want to revert it to the default picture as soon as possible. How can I remove (not change) the picture so it's reverted back to default?

Windows for home | Previous Windows versions | Email and communications

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2013-05-21T05:15:25+00:00

You may need to enable hidden folders first if it doesn't work:

  1. Go to "Control Panel"
  2. Click on "Folder Options"
  3. Click the tab located at the top named "View"
  4. Select "Show hidden files, folders, and drives"
  5. Click OK

Here is how you change your account picture back to its default:

  1. Go to "Computer"
  2. Click on "Acer (C:)"
  3. Type in "Default Picture" in the search bar.
  4. Click on "Default Account Pictures"
  5. Drag image named "user" to desktop.
  6. Go to start screen.
  7. Right click your profile picture located on top right corner of start screen.
  8. Click "Change Account Picture"

9.  Open "Browse"

  1. Look for the picture you just dragged on to your desktop.
  2. Select the picture.
  3. Your account picture should be back to the default picture.

Hope this helped!

Was this answer helpful?

70+ people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2012-11-30T09:09:53+00:00

locate the logon screen picture and set it as default or choose another picture.

or you can download microsoft theme from http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows/themes and use any picture you like as your logon screen.

alternatively, you can open microsoft paint, then save a blank.jpg or blank.png and set either one as logon screen. (blank white space)

Was this answer helpful?

20+ people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2012-11-30T08:31:33+00:00

Hi Dimitriy Remerov,

Thanks for posting in Microsoft Community!

I understand that you want to revert back the account picture to the default picture. As you dont have any other picture to change, correct me if i am wrong.

I am sorry regarding this because there is no option in windows 8 to remove the account picture. However right click the account picture you dont want and then clean the history. I would suggest you to click another picture from your camera and set as account picture by choosing change account picture option.

If you have any other concerns related to Microsoft Windows 8, feel free to post.

I will be happy to help you.

Thanks!

Was this answer helpful?

1 person found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

44 additional answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2014-10-10T17:29:14+00:00

    In my case, I went to C drive / then users / main user name / AppData / Roaming / Microsoft / windows /

    then Account Pictures. there they are.

    THANK YOU SO MUCH! The other suggestions did not work for me. This was exactly what I was needing.

    Was this answer helpful?

    3 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2014-04-17T22:26:53+00:00

    Hello,

    To Remove the account picture, just follow these simple steps:

    1. Open MyComputer
    2. search for:

    Account Pictures

    3) Wait until Search Finish ( it may take Few Minutes).

    1. Open the first Folder that will Appear to you with the  Name: Account Pictures.

    5) delete the data in this folder.

    1. Download this photo: https://www.mediafire.com/?4usuctkrb3d44a0
    2. Open The Settings> Accounts> Account picture  Then choose the photo You Just Downloaded.

    This Fix Is For Windows 8.1

    Enjoy!~ :)

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments