Error number: 0x80244019 in Windows XP Home SP2

Anonymous
2012-09-22T08:27:10+00:00

I just clean installed Win XP Home Edition Version 2002 SP 2 on a Dell Dimension 2400.

I am trying to install windows updates but I get Error number: 0x80244019.

I am able to browse the web through internet explorer on this computer. Connection is fine.

Please suggest how I can access windows updates? I would like to install Service Pack 3.

Windows for home | Previous Windows versions | Windows update

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2012-09-22T12:10:08+00:00

Hi,

Install SP3 by downloading and running from...

http://www.microsoft.com/download/en/details.aspx?displaylang=en&id=24

You can ignore the text that says that it is for network installations and also ignore the text advising Windows/Microsoft Update if only updating one PC.

Whether this will solve the 0x80244019 error is not certain. I know it will solve other errors but I have no specific knowledge of whether it will solve this error so please would you be kind enough to report back to us about this?

Tricky

EDIT: Many people are now reporting that SP3 does solve Windows Update error 0x80244019

Was this answer helpful?

1 person found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

52 additional answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2015-06-19T11:41:44+00:00

    This is my laptops proplem

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2014-03-24T05:02:34+00:00

    This worked great for me in Windows XP, so I am trying it in Vista Home Basic SP1 to get SP2 installed. Hope it works there, too. After applying this method in Windows XP, I was able to install SP3 just in case it was not installed. I will do this in Windows Vista SP1--try to install SP2.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2014-03-23T22:10:23+00:00

    I followed your instructions after reboot it showed me sp3 under system but when again i click on this link http://www.microsoft.com/download/en/details.aspx?displaylang=en&id=24 i got an other error 0x80072..... like this then i added the www.update.microsoft.com  in trusted sites i got no error and the problem has solved now i am able to update my pc online.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2014-03-01T09:56:04+00:00

    Sorry, I don't understand your post.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments