How to move User folders to 2nd drive in Windows 8?

Anonymous
2012-11-12T16:38:04+00:00

I am posting on behalf of a customer.

His C drive's a SSD & which is not big enough for all his music,photos,video and download files. Is there a way to move user files to a second drive?

Please comment with any information or suggestions.

Thank you.

Windows for home | Previous Windows versions | Files, folders, and storage

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

44 additional answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2013-10-04T16:50:09+00:00

    Excellent explanation, I just followed your provided instructions and it worked exactly as mentioned! I must say that it was much easier than I had expected it to be and for that I tip my hat to you good people at Microsoft!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2013-09-29T12:13:15+00:00

    Hi,

    Let’s try to restore default libraries in Windows 8.

    a) Open Windows Explorer, right-click on the library and choose Delete.

    b) Click ‘Yes’ when asked for confirmation.

    Note: Deleting a library does not delete the contents of the included folders. However, you may need to re-add or include your folders manually, if needed.

    c) Then, in the navigation pane of Windows Explorer, right-click Libraries and click Restore default libraries.

    After you delete the library you need to recreate the library. This recreates the library that was deleted earlier. This option only restores the default libraries.

    Refer to the steps from the following Microsoft article.

    http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-8/libraries-faq

    http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-8/add-folders-library

    Hope it helps.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2013-09-29T11:37:56+00:00

    Hi!

    I followed these steps fully, but now I can't open a single file. It shows up at the bottom left corner that a document is open, but when I select it nothing happens. Basically, my computer is now useless.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2013-08-08T15:10:48+00:00

    I successfully move "My Documents" to another drive (E:), but I recently discovered (when trying to save a picture) Windows saved it in the user profile version of "My Documents\My Pictures" on my C: drive. Is there a way to correct this? The location tab of the My Documents folder DOES show the E: drive.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments