Error: Bootmgr is missing Press Ctrl+Alt+Del to restart when starting Windows

Anonymous
2012-01-11T19:00:07+00:00

Hello,

I receive the error “Bootmgr is missing Press Ctrl+Alt+Del to restart” when I start Windows. I have found the issue but I don’t see a good solution. What’s the best way to fix this issue?

Thanks

LD

Windows for home | Previous Windows versions | Windows update

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2012-01-11T19:03:00+00:00

Hello LD,

This message usually indicates that the boot sector is damaged or missing. The boot sector is a region of your hard disk that contains information that is used to load your operating system. If a boot failure is detected when your PC is starting, you may receive this error message.

To resolve this issue, use the steps in the following KB article:

You receive Error message: “Bootmgr is missing Press Ctrl+Alt+Del to restart” when starting Windows 

Hope this helps,

Bobby

Was this answer helpful?

100+ people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

47 additional answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2012-03-26T02:34:26+00:00

    bonniespeer

    if you did not  get the exact help you needed  , this entire thread is a very good example of not giving all of the information  needed to solve an individuels  indiviiduel  problem .

              thanks

                    tyrred

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2012-03-18T06:26:39+00:00

    Thank all of you guys for your answers. I had just done a complete recovery on my computer

    and it would not boot. Then I got the bootmgr is missing error  and I was waiting for answers and my better half jerked it up and took it to a repair shop. When I asked for help it was a Vista. They put 7 on it.  I use Microsoft Security Essentials.

    These answers are great and I am still going to try them to see if I can clear out some bugs. I

    still have a black screen with white letters booting up before my windows. All the repair man did

    was put in a new video card and Win. 7.

    thanks to all of You.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2012-03-15T17:07:40+00:00

    If nothing else is working-

    Back up your current files

    Buy a new hard drive

    Install hard drive in computer

    Reinstall Windows on new hard drive

    IF your still having issues after buying a new hard drive, you have much bigger problems then Windows.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2012-02-27T19:14:04+00:00

    I would say that this wouldnt fix the bootmgr issue. When you get the board back, i would just reload it. It could be due to corruption in the hard drive as well, or could just be that the drive is bad.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments