Some of the recipients for this message are not valid

Anonymous
2012-04-18T12:05:54+00:00

When creating an email to certain people in my address book I get a window pop up which says "The message could not be sent, Some of the recipients for this message are not valid. Please verify the names." I have verified the certain addresses and they are 100% correct, can you help? Thanks.

Windows 7

Live Mail Version 2011 (Build 15.4.3555.0308)

Windows for home | Other | Email and communications

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2013-08-06T19:19:14+00:00

I want to say sorry to the Microsoft folks fro calling Windows Live Mail buggy.  Still I am not sure why there were two places not checked off on my brother's ID but the others were.  Those two little missing marks caused all this brouhaha.

The solution was left side button to get to Options - Safety Options - Security - Digital ID's - other people -  highlight the ID you want then hit Advance.  You will see many check marked items called Certificate Purposes.  All things there should be check marked. If not, then mark it.

That was my problem.  For some unknown reason two of those were unchecked.

I do hope this information can help other people who have a similar problem like I did,

REN88

Was this answer helpful?

20+ people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

48 additional answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2013-08-06T00:08:58+00:00

    Hi REN88,

    Thank you for your response and for the information you have provided us. For us to have a clear view of your issue, kindly provide us with a screenshot of the error message when you try to send an email to the contact. I have include instructions on how to obtain and upload the screenshot on the private message area.

    I also would like you to try to click Check names when you try to send a message to the contact. Compose and email in Live Mail, type in the first few letters of the contact and click Check names and let us know how things turn out.

    We're looking forward to your response.

    Regards.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2013-08-05T16:11:07+00:00

    I have another private message for you.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2013-08-05T06:46:29+00:00

    Hi Julius,

    I do not use Hotmail, I use the Windows Live Mail app for my 3rd Party email.

    I have tried all using webmail and these work fine, I only find some email addresses in my address book within Windows Live Mail give this error message, I have tried deleting etc and it still does not work.

    Does the recipient have a digital certificate?  If so, you will need to import the certificate into the contact.  I've seen this when someone sends a signed email and you add them to your contacts.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2013-08-05T04:50:55+00:00

    Hi REN88,

    Thank you for your reply.

    I have a private message for you. Please click on  "You have a private reply to this message" link just above your post to view the message. Note that you need to be signed in to the Answers forum to view the link.

    Thanks,

    Kay

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments