Some of the recipients for this message are not valid

Anonymous
2012-04-18T12:05:54+00:00

When creating an email to certain people in my address book I get a window pop up which says "The message could not be sent, Some of the recipients for this message are not valid. Please verify the names." I have verified the certain addresses and they are 100% correct, can you help? Thanks.

Windows 7

Live Mail Version 2011 (Build 15.4.3555.0308)

Windows for home | Other | Email and communications

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2013-08-06T19:19:14+00:00

I want to say sorry to the Microsoft folks fro calling Windows Live Mail buggy.  Still I am not sure why there were two places not checked off on my brother's ID but the others were.  Those two little missing marks caused all this brouhaha.

The solution was left side button to get to Options - Safety Options - Security - Digital ID's - other people -  highlight the ID you want then hit Advance.  You will see many check marked items called Certificate Purposes.  All things there should be check marked. If not, then mark it.

That was my problem.  For some unknown reason two of those were unchecked.

I do hope this information can help other people who have a similar problem like I did,

REN88

Was this answer helpful?

20+ people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

48 additional answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2013-06-27T20:36:59+00:00

    I had this exact same problem on a couple of contacts. I deleted the contact and was able to send. I re added the contact and was still able to send. Somewhere there is a bug in the email client - possibly with it validating data against the contact at a guess.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2013-06-19T23:11:10+00:00

    OK. What's the error message that you see? Click on it to select it, then use right-click to copy it and paste it into your reply here.

    When the message is in a Dialog Box, you can't select and then cut & paste. The message in the dialog box says:

    "The message could not be sent.  Some of the recipients of this message are not valid. Please verify the names."

    The error message was articulated at the beginning of this thread.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2013-06-19T22:54:54+00:00

    OK. What's the error message that you see? Click on it to select it, then use right-click to copy it and paste it into your reply here.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2013-06-19T22:16:07+00:00

    I don't keep birthday info in my contact list.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments