Some of the recipients for this message are not valid

Anonymous
2012-04-18T12:05:54+00:00

When creating an email to certain people in my address book I get a window pop up which says "The message could not be sent, Some of the recipients for this message are not valid. Please verify the names." I have verified the certain addresses and they are 100% correct, can you help? Thanks.

Windows 7

Live Mail Version 2011 (Build 15.4.3555.0308)

Windows for home | Other | Email and communications

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2013-08-06T19:19:14+00:00

I want to say sorry to the Microsoft folks fro calling Windows Live Mail buggy.  Still I am not sure why there were two places not checked off on my brother's ID but the others were.  Those two little missing marks caused all this brouhaha.

The solution was left side button to get to Options - Safety Options - Security - Digital ID's - other people -  highlight the ID you want then hit Advance.  You will see many check marked items called Certificate Purposes.  All things there should be check marked. If not, then mark it.

That was my problem.  For some unknown reason two of those were unchecked.

I do hope this information can help other people who have a similar problem like I did,

REN88

Was this answer helpful?

20+ people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

48 additional answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2014-09-14T21:14:19+00:00

    MadMax and all others

    My father is using LiveMail and got a signed mail from me. Since then he isn't able to send a mail to my address. He allways gets the error message "The messsage could not sent to all recipients ...".

    He deleted my address from his contacts and succeeded to send a mail once. He imported my certificate into the contact entry, it didn't help.

    Reading all the postings in the thread I didn't even try to repair his Windows Live installation, it wouldn't help.

    No one else of my contacts getting signed mails from me reported ever such a problem. But no one is  using the WindowsLive client. It really looks like there is a bug in WindowsLive when trying to send mails to recipients that sent signed mails before.

    Knork

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2014-08-11T23:17:30+00:00

    How do you delete the security certificate and then re-add it when they send another e-mail? (if you don't mind sharing that is!)

    While in Live Mail, go to Contacts and right-click on the contact in question and select "Edit Contact." When the edit dialog box appears, select "IDs."  Highlight the certificate that appears in the box and click the "Remove" button.

    Then, have the contact send you a new e-mail and do the same process, except, don't click the "Remove" button. This time, select the "Import" Button.

    I won't guarantee it will work but it worked for me. It has been a long time since I fixed this, so it may no longer work as I have described it.

    Good luck.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2014-08-11T22:56:02+00:00

    How do you delete the security certificate and then re-add it when they send another e-mail? (if you don't mind sharing that is!)

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2014-08-11T22:35:59+00:00

    I am having the same issue as well.  It is happening with my husband's work address -I have not changed it or messed with it in a very long time!  It just suddenly started happening.  I do know that his is a military address and has some kind of certificate.  I saw some kind of article saying that it could have something to do with that. 

    I also am only sending it to one address and can send it if I log out of live mail.

    Did you figure out why this is happening yet?  If so, please share!

    My Daughter is a civilian, but has a military address, also. It appears the problem was with the security certificate. Apparently, they change/renew her certificate every so often. So instead of just deleting her address and putting it in fresh, I had to delete the security certificate and then have her send me e-mail, so I could capture the address and new certificate.

    The problem only happened in Live Mail. If I used web mail, it was never a problem.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments