Where is Microsoft Word located on my computer (Windows 7)?

Anonymous
2011-12-08T14:54:15+00:00

I wanted to open a file with Word but I don't know where it's located. I know I have it installed on my computer.

Windows for home | Previous Windows versions | Apps

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2011-12-08T15:08:39+00:00

If you really have Word installed then just double-click on the file and it should open in Word.

Alternatively, click on Start-All Programs-Microsoft Office-Microsoft Word

If double-clicking on the file doesn't work ,and the Menu item is not there, then you don't have Word installed.

Was this answer helpful?

200+ people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2011-12-08T16:06:13+00:00

And if you type 'Word' in the search programs & files text box does that reveal the Word shortcut?

PS If this is a new PC unless it was supplied with Office Starter then any Word version installed will be a Trial version. Word/Office is not part of win7

Was this answer helpful?

90+ people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2016-10-11T11:00:34+00:00

Hi Rolando,

To help you out with your concern, we would like to suggest that you check  this topic Search for the original document on this Article: KB 316951.

Thanks.

Was this answer helpful?

1 person found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

39 additional answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2015-07-25T02:23:11+00:00

    Windows 8.1 is a very, very unfriendly and confusing piece of software.  One would think that after as many years as they have been trying to bet out Apple they would have fingured out how the average non-computer person wanted to do things.  Here's my sad story.  Age 79 with poor eyesight (that's another problem-no softward mfg that I've ever heard of makes reasonable prices computer apps for those of us with poor eyesight) anyway I have played Micrisoft Solitare for years and was happly engaged in same when all of a sudden the app stopped in mid program.  Nothing that I could find was a any help in restarting same.  FInally after severa =l days I fould s command that said "refresh" so I clicked!  Big miskake after about 30 minutes the "tiles" screen came up, I  clicked on games and got to the same lace as before when I was asked for a password (never before in 15+ years Still canm't play it and also now the screen in disktop mode is set in smallest resolution and I can't find the good old "display" command! What a bad bill of goods!  And MS doesn't even provide a printed resource to help!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2015-06-15T04:33:27+00:00

    I found my word (Windows 7) by putting this on the address bar 

    C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office 15\root\office15\winword.exe

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments