FTC HALTS MASSIVE TECH SUPPORT SCAMS:
Want to find out if this was scam .
I just got called from Microsoft office in california , and im from eastern europe so i find this strange . They didnt asked for any account information or something like that . They just told me that someone is stealing my inditity or something like that , then asked me to type www.fastsupport.com in my browser , and after that to instal "GoToAssist" .After that they installed Advanced WindowCare V2 on my pc , show me the problems i have , and offer me to buy some program from Microsoft , with 1 year plan, 5 years plan, life plan . I didnt buy it so I wonder was that a scam or anything like that , and should i be afraid . And after they finished they uinstalled those programs from my pc. If that wasnt scam and my pc is in the condition they said , i might buy it .
Windows for home | Other | Security and privacy
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
Hi Crystal,
To answer your question, they may be able to access your personal information. We suggest that you change your password for security purposes.
We also recommend you to read this article regarding technical support scams so you can avoid cyber scam via phone calls.
Do let us know if you have any other concerns.
41 additional answers
Sort by: Newest
-
Anonymous
2014-03-04T11:28:12+00:00 me again!! they said they were from Fast Support and they sounded from India or Pakistan and as I said they used Western Union for grabbing my money so if anyone out there is caught just put the phone down use the little man down the street for your problems I think they use the weekends as its a bad time to find someone to get your computer fixed!!!! D
Contact your bank and/or financial institution to report the fraudulent charges and seek assistance in getting the charges reversed.
-steve
-
Anonymous
2014-03-04T08:42:32+00:00 me again!! they said they were from Fast Support and they sounded from India or Pakistan and as I said they used Western Union for grabbing my money so if anyone out there is caught just put the phone down use the little man down the street for your problems I think they use the weekends as its a bad time to find someone to get your computer fixed!!!! D
-
Anonymous
2014-03-04T08:39:30+00:00 I think they are in my computer now!!!!!!
How can we stop these people!!!!
They are so quick - they asked if I was happy with the service they took £250 from me the first time and then at the weekend they took more after promising me a refund How can we stope this his name he said was Alex James and he was so quick can any one advise me !!! probably not