MS Money 2007 on Win XP will not let me connect online telling me that Windows Live cannot verify my sign-in information. This happened in the last couple of days all of a sudden.

Anonymous
2010-11-21T14:09:45+00:00

Suddenly about November 17, 2010, I am not able to login to Microsoft Money 2007 on Windows XP using Windows Live ID.  It just stopped working.  The message states partially:  "Money could not verify your sign-in information.  You can use some Money features ...To regain access to online features, in the upper right corner of Money, point at the online updates icon, and click the down arrow.  Select sign-in with Windows Live ID...".  Well that didn't work either.  I have tried all the fixes recommended by Microsoft in kb891338 document and nothing works.  Did Windows Live ID stop working with Money 2007?  What do I do?

Thanks, Richard

Windows for home | Previous Windows versions | Apps

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2010-11-26T16:51:20+00:00

Same problem, on same date for me as well.  Here is a work-around that allowed me to update my accounts online this morning.

  1. Start MS Money 2007 and enter the Windows Live ID (email address and password that is linked to your MS Money file) to sign in to Money.
  2. Click the checkbox below the password field for "I want to sign in to Money directly, without access to all online services." then click the Next > button.
  3. After MS Money has started, click on the "butterfly" MSN.com icon in the toolbar located across top of MS Money 2007 window.
  4. Once the page loads within the MS Money 2007 browser click on the "Page Options" link in the top right hand corner of the MSN web page, under the Welcome to MSN.

<<<UPDATE on 11/30/2010: If the "My MSN" link is no longer available in the Page Options drop down menu, then scroll about half way down the MSN web page to the Hotmail section, and click the "Sign up" link.  Then follow step 7 below (you can skip step 5 and 6).>>> 

  1. Choose the "My MSN" link from the drop down from the Page Options link.
  2. Once the My MSN page loads within the MS Money 2007 browser click on the "Sign In" link in the top right hand corner of the My MSN web page.
  3. Sign in using your Windows Live ID and password that is linked to your MS Money 2007 file.
  4. Click the down arrow next to the Online Updates icon close to the top right hand corner of the MS Money 2007 window, next to the question mark for show help.

9. Choose the "Sign In with a Windows Live ID" link from the Online Updates drop down.

  1. Sign in using your Windows Live ID and password that is linked to your MS Money 2007 file.

11. Click the Online Updates icon in the MS Money 2007 window, next to the question mark for show help.

  1. Click "Update Now..." button.

Good luck!

Jim

Was this answer helpful?

0 comments No comments

49 additional answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2010-11-24T16:14:54+00:00

    Any word of a virus timed to activate around 11/19/10?  I'm protected (?) by Norton 360.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2010-11-24T05:54:40+00:00

    I am experiencing the same issue(s).  I have also attempted to find a solution with no success.  It would be appreciated If anyone (Microsoft personnel or anyone else) could provide a tangible/useful resolution.  Thank you.


    Gregory K Taylor

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2010-11-24T05:36:46+00:00

    My last update was 11/17 through the background banking agent that runs after you close Money.  I always update every Sunday.  I have been getting the same message as everyone else since 11/21 and I have tried restoring Windows XP to 11/15, using my backup .mny file from 11/14, repairing the current file and the 11/14 file, running the sample.mny file and running updates (which it completed successfully), creating a new file, updating IE settings, registering the msxml3.dll, adding money to the Windows Firewall, logging into Live from multiple computers and locations, and changing my password then changing it back to what the file was using and still nothing works.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2010-11-24T03:45:15+00:00

    Well I will join in. The last update I have was November 17 2010 as well. I have not logged on in about 5 days and am having the exact same problems as everyone else. I know that online updates are due to stop in Jan of 2011, but I was hoping to hold out until the latest version of quicken comes out. I am eagerly awaiting a fix. I have not done any updates that I am aware of unless there was an XP system automatice update, but I don't think so. It is not a lost password because my same login and password works on the ms money website.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments