network error 0x80070035 the network path was not found

Anonymous
2010-12-22T04:27:15+00:00

I have network problem with Win7 pro. When I click on my network folder links for my local network I geterror 0x80070035 the network path was not found.

The network has been set up for 4 months it includes 3 PC's, up until now the only problems have been minor, such as links disappearing from network, which a system restart has been needed to refresh the network and that worked.

The other 2 PC's can see and access each other and see and access the troubled Win7 Pro PC, but the troubled Win7 Pro PC can't even get to its own network folders without theerror 0x80070035 the network path was not found popping up.

After hours of checking I have found no resolution, however as I restored the PC several times, occasionally the service would reappear for awhile.

In my search for possible causes I have opened Device Manager  with the show hidden devices selected, under Network adapters and found189 instances of Microsoft 6to4 Adapter.

I only have 3 PC's networked! Does anyone know if this is a normal number for Win7 or have I found part of an anomaly.

Any suggestions?

c.maresca

Windows for home | Previous Windows versions | Internet and connectivity

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2010-12-23T22:33:25+00:00

Thank you for your input.

In searching for a solution to my Win7 Pro network problem I have been over all of the settings you mentioned before I posted my question and found no problem , everything is as required to have a complete network and the network was fine other than the occasional missing links I described in my original post. The only addition to the PC configuration since the network was originally set up was automatic updates by MS update.

The good news is that as I have researched this to the max, I found 2 posts in the Win7 network forum that combined provided the fix for my network problem.

As I have been researching this I have noticed many people are having similar network issues. I know there are many reasons for connectivity issues, so the solutions are specific to the problems, but if other network users are experiencing the problem of multiple instances of Microsoft 6to4 Adapter and local network error 0x80070035 the network path was not found the solution I located has worked for me.

If you would like to know more reply to this feed.

c.maresca

Was this answer helpful?

800+ people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

45 additional answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2016-02-04T21:58:22+00:00

    After 3 days of trying to figure this problem out your solution worked perfectly thanks

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2015-12-03T23:12:48+00:00

    III solved my similar issue by setting my DNS to automatic

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2015-12-03T20:36:52+00:00

    Disabling IPv6 actually helped.

    Thanks!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2015-10-07T21:58:56+00:00

    Same error code  - tired syncing the clocks, did not work.

    2 new windows 10 upgrade boxes ( 1 from win 7 pro & 1 win 8.1 home) - 3 on network total 1 xp box and 2 win 10 boxes.

    Both win 10 boxes can see shared folders on the xp box, through the network, and access the files and write files to the shared folder.

    The xp box and the win 10 do not have permissions (even though I told them to share file and printers and such) to access each-other, i.e. xp to win 10, win 10 to win 10. The xp box used to be able to connect to the public folder on one of the pre upgraded boxes (win 7 pro).

    So all my boxes see each-other in the network but cant connect.

    Error code comes from trying the Homegroup function, received on the fail. Say the homegroup disappeared while it was searching, error was in the details drop down.

    error code 3012  - tried to add printer - from one win 10 box to the other - and it can see the printer just no permissions even though box box are fully set to share.

    P.S. Coulda made a new thread but looks like networking is still an issue at microsoft.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments