DRIVER FOR CANONSCAN N650U FOR WINDOWS 7

Anonymous
2011-10-31T03:21:22+00:00

I would likec to know if there is a DRIVER FOR CANONSCAN N650U FOR WINDOWS 7 please let me know thank you, send me the file i there is any chance

Windows for home | Previous Windows versions | Devices and drivers

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2011-10-31T04:29:58+00:00

All hardware support, including any drivers or software that allow it to communicate with an operating system - come from the hardware manufacturer.  In this case - Canon.

http://software.canon-europe.com/products/0000473.asp

A google search resulted in one possible kludge you could glue together and maybe get some positive (possibly temporary) results...

How to install a CanoScan N650U scanner on Vista or Windows 7

Posted on October 26, 2009 by Daniel

I have an Canon CanoScan N650U scanner that I use a few times a year. Canon never released Vista drivers for this scanner, using the instructions below made the scanner work on Windows 7 for me:

  1. Download the XP drivers from Canon’s website
  2. Install the drivers
  3. The driver didn’t install, but unzipped to C:/Temp/CanoScanCSUv571a
  4. Go to C:/Temp/CanoScanCSUv571a and uncompress CanoScanCSUv571a.exe
  5. Plug in your scanner
  6. Go to your device manager.
  7. Click on Add a Device and select the scanner
  8. Right click to update driver information
  9. Select browse my computer for driver software
  10. Type in: C:\Temp\CanoScanCSUv571a
  11. Click next and my scanner worked

Update: In the comments Paul wrote, “I used the WIA drivers, which I found here: http://www.normalgeeks.com/Canoscan_WIA.zip”  I haven’t tried it, but’s worth checking out.

Was this answer helpful?

50+ people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

42 additional answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2015-10-14T13:24:26+00:00

    Perfect OK

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Paul Edstein 82,871 Reputation points Volunteer Moderator
    2015-07-22T12:59:23+00:00

    I have microsoft office and you fail to mention how to have this work as the alternative to the driver for the canon? My computer which is vista x64 does not recognise any driver for this scanner, so how does the office work to make this workable?

    The post to which you replied has nothing to do with making the Canon N650U scanner work. It concerned only how one might perform OCR without the software that accompanied it. I'd have replied sooner but was OS at the time and didn't see your post before now. Your only option for using a Canon N650U scanner with your 64-bit OS is to install a driver such as the VueScan one.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Paul Edstein 82,871 Reputation points Volunteer Moderator
    2015-07-22T12:52:02+00:00

    If you have Win7 or 8, you don't need to install any driver from Cannon because the OS has the required driver installed already.  Simply plug in the scanner and Windows will automatically scan a driver. That's it. Simple, at no cost.

    Complete nonsense. You evidently don't own a Canon N650U scanner. Either that or you've never tried to use it with Win 7.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2015-07-22T12:19:47+00:00

    I see this thread is still going so I wish to make a comment here.

    If you have Win7 or 8, you don't need to install any driver from Cannon because the OS has the required driver installed already.  Simply plug in the scanner and Windows will automatically scan a driver. That's it. Simple, at no cost.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments