7 64-bit Medal of Honor Allied Assault

Anonymous
2010-12-07T15:20:53+00:00

i installed mohaa to a native windows xp 32-bit machine and copied the whole installation folder over to a 7 64-bit machine.

before running the game i ran the configure.exe located in the main install folder then boom.


MOS

this is not a question... this is the fix : )

Windows for home | Previous Windows versions | Gaming

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2016-01-02T05:35:23+00:00

"Game won't even start..."

Assuming you are using the  disk based version of the game, your problem would be from a new source.

A malware introduced by MS with Win10 called DRM Blocking , and subversively installed to Win7/8/8.1 via

Windows Updates, that tries to prevent  people from playing hundreds of disk based games.

This game has a file on disk 2 titled secdrv.sys which is targetd by DRM Blocking.

I have a long rant, and options for bypassing the DRM Blocking   --here--  .

  • Using a noCD circumvents both DRM Blocking and the CD check - medal-honor-allied-assaultI used to use this noCD for MOH-AA before I bought the download version with the two expansion packs from

Good Old Games  ( Normally $10 USD, but $5- USD or less when a sale is on).

http://www.gog.com/

.

Was this answer helpful?

10+ people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2011-11-28T01:11:10+00:00

ah yes ---- install on my Dell XPS Laptop was a pain --- kept crashing, folders missing... until now.

As noted above, copied EAGAMES folder from my Windows XP desktop onto my XPS laptop.

Placed the folder in C Drive, program files (not x86).

Run configure.exe located in mohaa/main folder... and boom.. works like a charm...well, so far so good

Thanks

Was this answer helpful?

10 people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2011-04-14T10:51:43+00:00

Wouldn't have thought that necessary. I was able to install MOH-AA with no compatibility

settings on Win7 64bit.

It may be because I don't install to the default directory - Program Files (x86).

Aside from that all I can think of that may be different is patching the game, and having the Windows updates all installed (except the 'optional'  updates).

Was this answer helpful?

0 comments No comments

52 additional answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2013-04-06T02:16:14+00:00

    First, I will point out to HH that promoting software piracy on this site can lead to a ban.

    Having said that, I do direct people to noCD sites myself  when they have problems running legitimate games due to problems with  DRM, but don't condone piracy as such.

    "When I go to programs and features and scroll to mohaa, there is no publisher or version listed, only the date it was installed."

    Same here. The other EA games all list the publisher, even patches for MOH-PA do, but not MOH-AA.

    "NVidia GT 555, 3MB graphics card. I installed a legit copy of mohaa, and it installed just fine.  I tried to install the 1.11 patch, but for some reason it won't install, that could be because of where I'm at which is the middle east...

    a message box pops up and says that it could not find the US/UK version of mohaa "

    -  Do you have other games installed that are functioning properly ?

    The 'Middle East' covers a lot of area, but I don't know if they made a version specific to that region.

    I see there are patches for German, Spanish, French, Italian and Dutch though.

    • Have you tried re-installing the game ?
    • Did you get the drivers for you graphics card from DELL ? It is often best to use DELL's drivers

    vs drivers direct from Nvidia.

     - Just to verify.  Have you run the Direct X Web Installer to update DX ?

    While MS only mentions DX11, Win7 actually installs three versions of DX - 9, 10 and 11, and

    DX does need to be updated on new Windows installs.

    Download details: DirectX End-User Runtime

    Also regarding updates. It is best to not allow Windows Updates to install any of the 'Optional'

    updates unless you have a use for them ( .NET or Visual C++ updates, etc.), but you should never allow Windows Updates to update graphics drivers on a gaming machine.

    You should install the 'Important' updates though as there are several gaming related updates

    among them.

    There is also some possibility of a software conflict, so it's always worth trying Clean Boot to

    troubleshoot that possibility -

     How to troubleshoot a problem by performing a clean boot in Windows Vista or in Windows 7

    It's difficult to visualise the problem. Upload a couple of screen-shots to Skydrive so we can see

    just what is happening.

    Use SkyDrive to upload collected files and post screen shot/picture. (Updated: 1/16/2012)

    .

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2013-04-05T12:46:52+00:00

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments