How do I turn my speakers back on?

Anonymous
2011-04-28T21:08:24+00:00

Original title: How do I turn my speckers back on?

Had to do a system recovery and all the updates.  Now I can not get my speakers to turn on.  What do I need to do to turn them back on?

Windows for home | Windows 11 | Devices and drivers

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2011-04-28T22:19:24+00:00

Hi Do you mean that you don't have sound on your system ?

Please do ensure that the speaker is receiving power,

If you do have another set of speakers please check with those speakers.

If both speakers do not work.

Please check to see the volume control is un-muted, If it is un-muted

You may check to see if the sound drivers are properly installed, This could be done in your device manager

      1.  Right Click on My Computer Icon

       2. Choose the option Manage

      3.  Choose device manager

     4. Select Audio/Sound Driver

     5.  Re-Install Driver

If that does not fix the issue, you could also run the Microsoft automated troubleshooting program and fix the issue too,

here is the link for it,

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-vista/Tips-for-fixing-common-sound-problems

Use the Fixit tool on it, and it will do all the troubleshooting for you and perform the repairs if necessary,

Was this answer helpful?

100+ people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

51 additional answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2016-11-17T23:25:26+00:00

    Original title: How do I turn my speckers back on?

    Had to do a system recovery and all the updates.  Now I can not get my speakers to turn on.  What do I need to do to turn them back on?

    mine does not work not to be rude at all but thank you so much.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2016-11-17T23:22:17+00:00

    Hi Do you mean that you don't have sound on your system ?

    Please do ensure that the speaker is receiving power,

    If you do have another set of speakers please check with those speakers.

    If both speakers do not work.

    Please check to see the volume control is un-muted, If it is un-muted

    You may check to see if the sound drivers are properly installed, This could be done in your device manager

          1.  Right Click on My Computer Icon

           2. Choose the option Manage

          3.  Choose device manager

         4. Select Audio/Sound Driver

         5.  Re-Install Driver

    If that does not fix the issue, you could also run the Microsoft automated troubleshooting program and fix the issue too,

    here is the link for it,

    http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-vista/Tips-for-fixing-common-sound-problems

    Use the Fixit tool on it, and it will do all the troubleshooting for you and perform the repairs if necessary,

    I tried it did not work not to be rude at all

    Was this answer helpful?

    3 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2015-03-31T21:46:44+00:00

    How do I get the speakers to turn back on?  I turned them off because I was getting two voices at the same time.

    Was this answer helpful?

    50+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments