How do I turn my speakers back on?

Anonymous
2011-04-28T21:08:24+00:00

Original title: How do I turn my speckers back on?

Had to do a system recovery and all the updates.  Now I can not get my speakers to turn on.  What do I need to do to turn them back on?

Windows for home | Windows 11 | Devices and drivers

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2011-04-28T22:19:24+00:00

Hi Do you mean that you don't have sound on your system ?

Please do ensure that the speaker is receiving power,

If you do have another set of speakers please check with those speakers.

If both speakers do not work.

Please check to see the volume control is un-muted, If it is un-muted

You may check to see if the sound drivers are properly installed, This could be done in your device manager

      1.  Right Click on My Computer Icon

       2. Choose the option Manage

      3.  Choose device manager

     4. Select Audio/Sound Driver

     5.  Re-Install Driver

If that does not fix the issue, you could also run the Microsoft automated troubleshooting program and fix the issue too,

here is the link for it,

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-vista/Tips-for-fixing-common-sound-problems

Use the Fixit tool on it, and it will do all the troubleshooting for you and perform the repairs if necessary,

Was this answer helpful?

100+ people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

51 additional answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2018-03-28T11:23:00+00:00

    I cannot get my speakers to turn on

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Deleted

    This answer has been deleted due to a violation of our Code of Conduct. The answer was manually reported or identified through automated detection before action was taken. Please refer to our Code of Conduct for more information.


    Comments have been turned off. Learn more

  3. Anonymous
    2018-02-02T14:53:28+00:00

    just did system restore but don't know where to turn on speakers

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2018-01-12T19:33:17+00:00

    How do I turn the speakers back on .

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments