Blue Screen! Asus Laptop Windows 7 64 bit

Anonymous
2010-11-22T23:38:09+00:00

I have an ASUS laptop that is running Windows 7 64 bit.  It blue screens every once in a while.  I haven't noticed this at any specific time or when I am running a particular program.  It is completely random; some days it will blue screen several times, and other days it won't at all.

Any suggestions on how to fix this?

Windows for home | Previous Windows versions | Windows update

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

45 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2010-12-07T04:24:05+00:00

    Auggy,

    Yes, I have Webroot.  I'll try uninstalling that.  I've used AVG before, so I'll probably install that program then, unless that will cause problems still.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2010-12-07T03:59:43+00:00

    I don't see Spy Sweeper as a program on my control panel, so I'm not sure about that.

    Is there an entry in "Uninstall a program" for "Webroot"?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2010-12-07T03:49:30+00:00

    Hi Auggy,

    I don't see Spy Sweeper as a program on my control panel, so I'm not sure about that.

    There are a lot of downloads on that link.  What in particular should I be looking for?

    And I Googled it, but I am not sure where/how to download the hot key drivers.

    Thanks, Amy

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2010-12-07T03:44:25+00:00

    WillTell,

    How should I change and/or modify the Power Plans to help the situation?

    What is Turbo 33 and how do I disable it?

    Thanks, Amy

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2010-12-06T18:09:03+00:00

    Also, one of the minidump files showed that the AEI.exe was the process that crashed.

    As the AEI.exe is a Spy Sweeper process you could try uninstalling Spy Sweeper and see if that helps any.

    Also, consider updating all the device drivers that you can from the following link:

    http://support.asus.com/download/download_item_dna.aspx?product=3&model=UL80JT&f_type=-2&SLanguage=en-us&os=30

    There also seems to be hot key processes crashing during some of the blue screens so especially update any hotkey drivers.

    iTunes processes are also crashing in some of the blue screens but this may be from a conflict with Spy Sweeper.

    Also, at some point if problems continue, consider updating the BIOS to version 213.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments