Peer networking grouping service isn't running is the message. How do I get it to run?

Anonymous
2011-03-05T14:04:58+00:00

I have two computers in my home and have installed a wireless printer on one.  I have been trying to install another wireless printer in another part of my home but keeps printing to the one previously installed.  I have received a message that "peer networking grouping service isn'g running".  Could this correct the problem and if so, how do I get the service running?

Windows for home | Previous Windows versions | Internet and connectivity

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2012-04-21T06:22:47+00:00

I finally got it 

  1. Right click on the three services

a)peer network grouping

b)peer network identity manager

c)peer name resolution

one after another.

  1. After right clicking go to properties -> Logon.

3)Name the same profile for all three sevices (passwords should be retype of your own).

then restart all three services.

finally refresh homegroup....

you find no error:)

This worked for me, thanks.

  1. I started by selecting "peer network identity manager"
  2. and clicked the Log On tab.
  3. Then selected The bubble for "this account" Not "local sys acc".
  4. Then click the Browse button.
  5. Then advanced at the lower left.
  6. Then Find now on the middle right.
  7. Then select "LOCAL SERVICE".
  8. Then Ok out.

I was prompted to restart the service before changes would change but I skipped that until after I changed the other two services.

Repeat steps one though 8 for peer name resolution and peer network grouping in that order. (I don't know why that made a difference but it worked for me)

  1. Then restart peer network identity manager
  2. Start peer name resolution
  3. Start peer network grouping

This worked for me and I have been hunting for days. Thanks much to everyone. And a big thanks to  rajanaveen.

Was this answer helpful?

30+ people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

49 additional answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2012-06-02T02:01:25+00:00

    same problem with a panasonic plazma tv can't share the files

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2012-05-29T16:14:47+00:00

     

    I tried all of that  - 

    Now my computer tells me I cannot set up a HomeGroup on my computer . . . running Win7 Home Ultimate . . . .

    Previously it was just telling me " Peer networking grouping service isn't running"

    WTF????

    I spend over £1000 on new gear and it simply doesn't work  8-}

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2012-05-06T01:22:17+00:00

    maybe I am stating the obvious - but you have to push enter after you type in services.msc

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2012-03-11T23:31:05+00:00

    That's not a bad idea, maybe I'll just buy a mac and get mac's networking or something.  I used to be a PC lover, but I'm not factory resetting my PC or restoring it.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments