I've installed it, I'll let you know how I get on. Thank you for your help :)
Getting blue screen error with "video scheduler has encountered an unexpected fatal error" message
Original Title: Blue screen of death :'(Hello,
My troubles began yesterday when my Acer PC froze unexpectedly. I restarted it and it worked well for a few hours but then I got my first ever blue screen of death which told me "video scheduler has encountered an unexpected fatal error". After a few Google searches on this I reinstalled the driver for my video driver. I also ran system restore.
I switched on my PC today and not long after I started using it I got another blue screen but this time it told me the error was REFERENCE_BY_POINTER STOP: 0x00000018, 0X0000000 0x8A419DD8, 0x00000002, 0xFFFFFFFF
My PC has Windows Vista x86 32bit. I purchased it new in August 2009 with Vista installed already. I have not reformatted the PC or reinstalled Windows since purchasing it. My video card is Intel(R) G45/G43 Express Chipset
Please help me fix this!
Windows for home | Previous Windows versions | Devices and drivers
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
46 answers
Sort by: Most helpful
-
Anonymous
2011-08-12T17:24:03+00:00 -
Anonymous
2011-08-12T13:19:11+00:00 It appears Acer does not have a Windows Vista driver for the Intel adapter so try the following driver from Intel:
-
Anonymous
2011-08-11T16:41:23+00:00 I got another blue screen today about MEMORY_MANAGEMENT, I have added the new minidump file to the public folder.
Before I install the new driver, which one on that website is it I need to download?
-
Anonymous
2011-08-08T02:52:44+00:00 The minidump files showed a SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED_M and VIDEO_SCHEDULER_INTERNAL_ERROR.
This may again indicate a problem with the display adapter.
Try uninstalling the display adapter driver that is now installed and then install the one from Acer off the following site:
http://support.acer.com/us/en/product/default.aspx?tab=1&modelId=1147
However the problem may be with the adapter itself or other hardware.
-
Anonymous
2011-08-07T10:41:09+00:00 I added two new minidump files to the public folder.
I checked and Automatically manage paging file size for all drives was already ticked.