How to disable the Windows Live mail sign in Window????

Anonymous
2011-02-11T14:00:16+00:00

I have Windows 7, when I upgraded all my outlook contacts transferred to Windows Live mail. I entered the pop 3 info for my comcast email account, I have never had to sign in for over a year. Now for some reason everytime I check my email, a  sign in window appears, the email still seems to work, maybe a little more sluggish but the sign in keeps popping up. How do I disable the sign in? If I wanted to get my hotmail mail I know I would need to sign in, but I use it just like I did my outlook account that is connected to Comcast email account.

Windows for home | Other | Email and communications

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2011-08-19T12:33:39+00:00

Hi,

To disable the sign in window, open Windows Live Mail and go to:

The Windows Live Mail drop-down menu icon (top left above 'Email Message' icon).

Select 'Options', then click on 'Mail' from the selection offered.

In the mail 'Options' property pages, select the 'Connection' tab and click 'Stop Signing in' from the 'Connecting to Windows Live Services' section.

Click 'stop signing in' to any warning messages.

Click 'OK' to exit the 'Options' Property pages

That should do it.

Was this answer helpful?

200+ people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

41 additional answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2013-01-07T17:36:18+00:00

    instead of remember password which i had in there, delete password and unclick remember password, worked for me tyvm Sooo i made this reply for Chakra and it ended up here WHY

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2012-03-24T21:09:03+00:00

    Dana, somehow the DETAILS of the 'Sign-in' process has been CHANGED.

    You need to RECHECK all these details out.

    More importantly, are you using TWO 'sign-in' details?

    One for HOTMAIL....another for WINDOWS LIVE MAIL!

    Wow! You have another for OUTLOOK!

    No wonder your computer is greatly confused.

    Okay! WHICH E-mail account DO you want to keep? 

    Hint!

    They are all 'linked' together.....being Windows-based E-mail programs. Three e-mail programs ....with DIFFERENT 'Log-in' details. Oooooops! They stop working properly!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2012-03-22T01:27:46+00:00

    Hi,

    To disable the sign in window, open Windows Live Mail and go to:

    The Windows Live Mail drop-down menu icon (top left above 'Email Message' icon).

    Select 'Options', then click on 'Mail' from the selection offered.

    In the mail 'Options' property pages, select the 'Connection' tab and click 'Stop Signing in' from the 'Connecting to Windows Live Services' section.

    Click 'stop signing in' to any warning messages.

    Click 'OK' to exit the 'Options' Property pages

    That should do it.

    I am fed up of these annoying and unnecessary things like Live Mail sign in window, Google Instant, the search options of Windows 7, ..........., and so on.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2011-10-09T10:34:45+00:00

    Just the answer I required, thanks!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments