Hi,
Thanks for sharing your information with us if you have any suggestion or feedback on Windows 7 you can post at Windows 7 feedback link mentioned below:
http://mymfe.microsoft.com/Windows%20%207/Feedback.aspx?formID=195
This browser is no longer supported.
Upgrade to Microsoft Edge to take advantage of the latest features, security updates, and technical support.
For crying out loud, if MS let's every vendor that has download products deveop and distribute their own download manager for their own products the OS is going to become another big mess! I like Logictech products but I see absolutely no reason under the sun why Windows Update should be offering up Logitech's Download Assistant!? Since I'm not aware of how to simply delete a Windows Update product if not needed I have hidden it. I hope the next time I look to see what I've hidden it will be gone.
And while I'm on the kick... I really hate getting into so many downloads today where you have to be a sort of detective to make sure you click on the right download button of what you are looking for in order to avoid downloading or getting tangled up in something you are not looking for. Likewise once you are installing a downloaded product you have to uncheck one or more varieties of unwanted special browser menus.
As far as I'm concernied it all fits under 'dirty advertising' and so far I'm pretty good at taking my time to make sure things I don't want get unchecked! Shame on the industry.
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
Hi,
Thanks for sharing your information with us if you have any suggestion or feedback on Windows 7 you can post at Windows 7 feedback link mentioned below:
http://mymfe.microsoft.com/Windows%20%207/Feedback.aspx?formID=195
I can right click any update if I knew what it is installing.
Your famous KB3035583 which tries to install Windows 10 hintware to update my system to win 10.
I find it so intrusive that I searched to find out why it was doing that and it turns out that Microsoft called it an important update and blended it in with the others sureptitiously.
I found out it was kb3035583 that was doing the dirty work.
What is the kb number of the logitech download file so that I may right click on it and refuse to install.
Deloppoled, if you have a non-functioning Windows Update thingy I was wondering if you missed installed the Windows 8.1 Update. IIRC anyone who didn't won't get any further updates.
http://microsoft-news.com/windows-8-1-update-now-available-download-it-now/
This is not an MS site but gives you some info. Because of where I am presently I am picking up only non-English MS sites in Google Search, so I am not bothering to give those URLs.
some of their answers look generated! Quality of the forum then gets reduced to c ra p (like spam!)