Eclipse CLD MP3 Player is not recognized. In Device Manager, I get the message that there is no driver installed.

Anonymous
2011-08-03T00:14:11+00:00

Original title: Eclipse CLD MP3 Player

I just tried to use Eclipse CLD MP3 Player and my computer doesn't recognize it.  I've tried the Troubleshooting steps and checked everything - In Device Manager, I get the message that there is no driver installed.  Is the player bad, or am I missing something?

Windows for home | Previous Windows versions | Devices and drivers

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2011-08-03T15:18:21+00:00

Hi,

1. Were you able to use that player without any issue earlier?

2. Did you make any changes on the computer prior to this issue?

3. What exactly happen when you connect the player? Do you receive any error message?

4. Which troubleshooting steps did you try?

5. Did you try connecting it to different USB ports and check?

6. Did you connect it to different computer and check what happens?

Let’s try these steps and check.

1. Open the device manager.

2. Right-click on the device and select Uninstall.

3. Click on Action option in menu bar and select Scan for hardware changes.

Was this answer helpful?

100+ people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

41 additional answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2013-12-27T17:58:32+00:00

    I completed your steps. However this does not help. I am still unable to load driver.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2013-07-26T19:11:55+00:00

    I agree, this is once again a corporation, probably owned by one of the major manufacturers im sure, taking advantage of everyone by producing untested low end ****. Why do i continue to forget you get what you pay for? oh yeah because I cant afford the exact same goddamn thing from apple which costs 40 dollars. If i was king of forest I would buy all the eclipse mp3 players and berkenstocks of the world and burn them in a vat soy milk.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2012-06-09T15:07:05+00:00

    Hi EDS Ellen,

    One thing you could try (no guarantee it will work), assuming you have Windows 7: when it looks for a driver, instead of having Windows search for one online, have it look on your computer and direct it to the \Windows\System32\DriverStore folder.

    After I had returned my Eclipse player I bought a Coby MP3 player and again ran into installation issues. After doing some searching online, I ran across the above solution and it worked (for the Coby). Don't know if it will work for the Eclipse but it may be worth trying!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2012-06-08T22:16:41+00:00

    I tried all of this and it didn't work... The manufacturer does not have the driver on its website, or I would think downloading it from there would fix the issue.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments