remove lenguage pack ;-)
Received error 0x8007000e trying to install Windows 7 SP1 x86.
Hi all,
I just ran Windows Update and it was able to install everything except Windows 7 SP1. I tried it again and it failed. So the third time, I downloaded the Service Pack from the Microsoft downloads section and tried to run it, but it failed again. This time, I got an error: ERROR_OUTOFMEMORY(0x8007000e). Not enough storage is available to complete this operation.
Funny thing, I have 3 GB of RAM installed and 900 GB of free disk space so I'm at a loss as to what type of memory it is out of. Running Task Manager, I have about 2 GB of RAM free. Do I need to terminate more background applications and services to free up more RAM?
Thanks for any help.
============
I couldn't find this earlier post so I created another one with more details. Please look under the title "Trouble installing Windows 7 SP1 x86 error 0x8007000e"
Thanks.
Windows for home | Previous Windows versions | Install and upgrade
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
43 answers
Sort by: Most helpful
-
Anonymous
2011-04-04T15:38:11+00:00 -
Anonymous
2011-03-27T22:54:29+00:00 I seldom, if ever, install any Optional, non-security updates myself. YMMV. Anyway, thanks for the conversational aside: Perhaps it'll help a lurker or two later on.
-
Anonymous
2011-03-27T22:38:10+00:00 Win7 Ultimate (and Enterprise) computers are offered all available Language Packs by default but they're all Optional updates.
Unfortunately all of them will also install if Automatic Updates is configured to the default "Automatic" setting in most cases.
IMHO, a better choice would be the "Check for updates but let me choose..." setting, in which case no updates would download & install without your Approval.
Ah hah, that would explain it. I like to Windows update 100% on my machines; less of a chance of problems in the future.. Even the optionals if can get away with it. I will make mental note for next time...
-
Anonymous
2011-03-27T22:33:51+00:00 Win7 Ultimate (and Enterprise) computers are offered all available Language Packs by default but they're all Optional updates.
Unfortunately all of them will also install if Automatic Updates is configured to the default "Automatic" setting in most cases.
IMHO, a better choice would be the "Check for updates but let me choose..." setting, in which case no updates would download & install without your Approval.
-
Anonymous
2011-03-27T22:21:25+00:00 That's a good question... even for me. was asking that same question.
Unsure, its Windows 7 Ultimate. Perhaps I chose to install "full" features or something.. Unaware why there would be all those language packs.