Received error 0x8007000e trying to install Windows 7 SP1 x86.

Anonymous
2011-02-24T04:38:31+00:00

Hi all,

I just ran Windows Update and it was able to install everything except Windows 7 SP1.  I tried it again and it failed.  So the third time, I downloaded the Service Pack from the Microsoft downloads section and tried to run it, but it failed again.  This time, I got an error: ERROR_OUTOFMEMORY(0x8007000e).  Not enough storage is available to complete this operation.

Funny thing, I have 3 GB of RAM installed and 900 GB of free disk space so I'm at a loss as to what type of memory it is out of.  Running Task Manager, I have about 2 GB of RAM free.  Do I need to terminate more background applications and services to free up more RAM?

Thanks for any help.

============

I couldn't find this earlier post so I created another one with more details.  Please look under the title "Trouble installing Windows 7 SP1 x86 error 0x8007000e"

Thanks.

Windows for home | Previous Windows versions | Install and upgrade

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

43 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2011-02-25T11:53:27+00:00

    The answer can be found here

    http://social.answers.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/vistawu/thread/ceb21999-f0f3-48c1-b88d-0d627f304c24 -----------------------------------------------

    A huge number of people seem to experience this (C000009A) error, even in this forum alone. This error seems to happen when there's not enough RAM, which in my case and others was probably caused by installed language packs that the service pack devs forgot about and SP1 cannot handle all this extra work. I noticed that the SP1 installer took about 2 GB of memory during setup when I had all language packs installed. At reboot, I got the exact same error as you (except for op #118691) and neither last known good configuration, system restore or startup repair were able to go through. I eventually had to reinstall Win7 RTM and SP1 on top. I'll be burning a slipstream DVD of RTM+SP1 in case this happens again...


    Applying sp1 without MUI packages was successful for x32 and x64

    Even the x64 run into the "not enough ram" problem

    But simply ignore it, while x32 abort the install.

    I did a deeper investigate in CBS logs on this x64 machine ...

    btw.

    You can install MUI's after applying SP1, but you need new packages

    I've used already downloaded sp0 MUI packages and those want install on Win7 SP1.

    So

    my problem is solved!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2011-02-25T11:13:07+00:00

    This one seems to be a different problem. Did you successfully apply the patch on other systems (especially virtual machines)? Comparing my systems and pointing out differences ended up in the workaround mentioned above at least for myself.

    While I was looking for a solution of my problem I found something about wrong symbol in a xml-file causing big trouble (and your error code in the headline).

    Because it had nothing to do with my research I don't remember where exactly the post was.

    Windows 7 Technical Library Roadmap

    I would suggest starting with service pack 1 first but it might be under another topic.

    Hope it will help you.

    Besides, there's another thread about Win7SP1 install and your error code. No solution so far but it might be helpfull to have an eye on it, too.

    http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en/w7itproinstall/thread/b69a067c-487d-43a2-b748-44dd6a402522

    http://social.answers.microsoft.com/Forums/en/vistawu/thread/ceb21999-f0f3-48c1-b88d-0d627f304c24

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2011-02-25T09:08:02+00:00

    Same problem here

    Win 7 ultimate x32 Vmware (sysprep preperation)

    Special:

    No network

    Win7 was not activated

    I'm unable to apply the patch even a reinstall lead into the same problem (sysprep in audit mode and before sysprep)

    Applied patches before sp1 (incl. reboot)

    KB947821-v10 (v8 will lead into the same problem)

    KB976902

    KB2443685

    dotNetFx40_Full

    all MUI packages

    The CBS log is 250MB in size *

    CheckSUR reports: no errors detected

    ======================

    The x64 version do apply the patch

    but after rebooting i got error "C000009A" during the registry update

    * last few errors only ======================

    2011-02-24 17:56:21, Info                  CSI    0000010a Processing Namespace [wcm://Microsoft-Windows-ErrorReportingCore?version=6.1.7601.17514&language=neutral&processorArchitecture=x86&publicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35&versionScope=nonSxS&scope=allUsers]

    2011-02-24 17:56:21, Info                  CSI    0000010c Processing Namespace uninstall for [wcm://Microsoft-Windows-ErrorReportingCore?version=6.1.7600.16385&language=neutral&processorArchitecture=x86&publicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35&versionScope=nonSxS&scope=allUsers]

    2011-02-24 17:56:34, Info                  CSI    00000126 Processing Namespace [wcm://Microsoft-Windows-ErrorReportingFaults?version=6.1.7601.17514&language=neutral&processorArchitecture=x86&publicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35&versionScope=nonSxS&scope=allUsers]

    2011-02-24 17:56:34, Info                  CSI    00000128 Processing Namespace uninstall for [wcm://Microsoft-Windows-ErrorReportingFaults?version=6.1.7600.16385&language=neutral&processorArchitecture=x86&publicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35&versionScope=nonSxS&scope=allUsers]

    2011-02-24 18:05:23, Error                 CSI    000011eb@2011/2/24:17:05:23.828 (F) d:\w7rtm\base\lstring\lblob.cpp(137): Error STATUS_NO_MEMORY originated in function RtlReallocateLBlob expression: Temp = (*RtlReallocateStringRoutine)(Bytes, Blob->Buffer)

    2011-02-24 18:13:41, Error                 CSI    000011ec (F) STATUS_NO_MEMORY #109620931# from Windows::Rtl::SystemImplementation::CSystemIsolationLayer_IRtlSystemIsolationLayerWithPOQTearoff::GeneratePOQ(writer = @0x4a0f4ecc)

    2011-02-24 18:13:41, Error                 CSI    000011ed (F) STATUS_NO_MEMORY #109619005# from Windows::COM::CComponentStore::PendActiveTransaction(...)[gle=0xd0000017]

    2011-02-24 18:13:41, Error                 CSI    000011ee (F) HRESULT_FROM_WIN32(14) #109618997# from Windows::COM::CPendingTransaction::IStorePendingTransaction_Pend(...)[gle=0x8007000e]

    2011-02-24 18:13:41, Error                 CSI    000011ef (F) HRESULT_FROM_WIN32(14) #73289948# from Windows::ServicingAPI::CCSITransaction::ICSITransaction_Commit(Flags = 47 (0x0000002f), pSink = NULL, disp = 0, coldpatching = FALSE)[gle=0x8007000e]

    2011-02-24 18:13:41, Error                 CSI    000011f0 (F) HRESULT_FROM_WIN32(14) #73289947# 2570581871 us from Windows::ServicingAPI::CCSITransaction_ICSITransaction::Commit(flags = 0x0000002f, pSink = NULL, disp = 0)

    2011-02-24 18:13:41, Error                 CBS    Exec: Failed to pend CSI transaction because transactions cannot be merged: 0. [HRESULT = 0x8007000e - E_OUTOFMEMORY]

    2011-02-24 18:18:35, Error                 CBS    Failed to process Multi-phase execution. [HRESULT = 0x8007000e - E_OUTOFMEMORY]

    2011-02-24 18:19:23, Info                  CBS    SPI: Error callback - 0x8007000e

    2011-02-24 18:19:39, Error                 CBS    Failed to perform operation.  [HRESULT = 0x8007000e - E_OUTOFMEMORY]

    2011-02-24 18:19:39, Error                 CBS    SPI: (CSPICbsClient::Finalize:737)Failed to finalize session hr=0x8007000e

    2011-02-24 18:19:39, Error                 CBS    SPI: (CSPICbsClient::ChangeState:519)Failed to finalize CBS session to install package hr=0x8007000e

    2011-02-24 18:19:39, Error                 CBS    SPI: (CSPCInstallTask::Execute:1010)Failed to install package with identityPackage_for_KB976932~31bf3856ad364e35~x86~~6.1.1.17514 hr=0x8007000e

    2011-02-24 18:19:39, Error                 CBS    Cannot finalize a session that has been finalized. [HRESULT = 0x800f0842 - CBS_E_SESSION_FINALIZED]

    2011-02-24 18:19:39, Error                 CBS    SPI: (CSPICbsClient::Finalize:737)Failed to finalize session hr=0x800f0842

    2011-02-24 18:22:35, Error                 CBS    SPI: (CSPInstall::Install:1583)Failed executing Install task hr=0x8007000e

    2011-02-24 18:22:36, Error                 CBS    SPI: (PerformSPInstallation:833)Failed to install SP using UI hr=0x8007000e

    2011-02-24 18:22:36, Error                 CBS    SPI: (wmain:1105)Failed to perform SP installation hr=0x8007000e

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Deleted

    This answer has been deleted due to a violation of our Code of Conduct. The answer was manually reported or identified through automated detection before action was taken. Please refer to our Code of Conduct for more information.


    Comments have been turned off. Learn more

  5. Anonymous
    2011-02-24T17:34:02+00:00

    Howdy drj,

    In regards to Windows 7 sp1 install, the problem is undoubtedly a Msoft issue.  I have 5 separate computers that all have a failed sp1 install (4 pc & 1 laptop).  I personally am going to hold off on installing the sp for at least a couple of weeks as I'm positive some POG at Msoft will come up with a fix & there will be a workaround coming.  Please do not listen to anyone who tells you that it is you, or your computer, as most likely they don't know the diff between a hole & their...  Again, every computer under me has a failed sp1 install.  I highly doubt that each and every one is a corrupt installation of Windows 7, a missing Win sxs file, or anything else having to do with each and every installation.

    FYI the pc I'm using to write this to you is one of which I built: 

    Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit - ASUS P5Q-EM Mobo - Intel Q9650 3.0Ghz Quad-Core CPU - 8GB Patriot G-series DDR2 800 (4x2GB) - 2.5TB HDD (1.5 + 1.0 Seagate HDD's) - ATI Radeon HD5770 graphics... it runs alright :)  this pc is running Ricky-tick, without overclock even, and when I do get a wild hair & oc, I swear I smell burning rubber...

    All of my others are running Windows 7 Pro 64-bit, and are of various config's (all of which I built, except the laptop), but all have at least dual core CPU's & 4GB min RAM  --  4GB RAM with AMD Turion II Ultra M600 2.4Ghz dual-core (laptop)  //  4GB RAM with Intel E8300 Core 2 Duo 2.83Ghz dual core (pc)  //  6GB RAM with Intel Q8400 Core 2 Quad 2.66Ghz quad core (pc)  //  8GB RAM with Intel E8400 Core 2 Duo 3.0Ghz dual core (pc).

    Hang in there

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments