Sent emails not showing in Windows Live Mail "Sent Items" folder

Anonymous
2011-03-29T17:53:49+00:00

My sent email message are not showing up in my Windows Live Mail "Sent Items" folder. However, my sent message are showing up in my Hotmail box in the "Sent" folder. My Hotmail has the same email address. I've used Windows Live Mail for years with no problem. How do I get my sent emails to show in my Windows Live Mail "Sent Items" folder? Thank you.

Windows for home | Other | Email and communications

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

46 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2016-01-25T07:57:12+00:00

    Hi After working with Microsoft and being asked to pay a lot of money for tech support, I decided that I would go with another email front end.   I also have outlook as well as WLM, but never used it as WLM was sufficient.  Outlook didnt work either, though I could see online all my web based mail.

    I use Mailbird now and had a hassle free instant installation (automatically selecting the right POP3 etc services, as opposed to me having to type them in)  and even went for the special price lifetime membership. Its free but the few dollars I paid gave me more functionality.

    Note that if you do this you need to give it some time to download all your emails from the server and have them local once you have installed the client

    Jon

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2016-01-25T04:18:53+00:00

    Showing my name in sent folder instead of recipient.

    This started on my primary e mail account 12/20/2015 and continues.

    I have tried the suggestions listed; save copy, view.

    I can only see the recipient by opening the e mail.

    Three other identities are ok and show the recipient.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2015-09-18T21:51:06+00:00

    I went to view, then quick view and chose show all items for most of the folders for now, at least I can see the emails I sent.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2015-07-02T18:33:01+00:00

    Hi Corale,

    I had this issue a couple of times, You need to set the Root Folder Path to "INBOX" or "inbox" or "Inbox" and it should fix the issue.

    Incase if it doesn't, here's a one that will definitely fix the issue.

    Go to File > Tools > Options >  Send.

    Here you would see "Save copy of sent messages in the 'Sent Items' folder"

    If this is unchecked, kindly check(tick) the box and click save.

    However...

    If this is checked, then uncheck the box and click save. Once done, go back to the same window (file>tools>options>send) this time check the box that says *"Save copy of sent..."*and then click save.

    This should fix the issue (it fixed quite a few in my workplace).

    • Devlon.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2014-11-06T12:14:22+00:00

    did this and now I have no emails anywhere.  They have all gone. Now what?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments