error code 0*80041004 while opening internet games in windows 7

Anonymous
2009-12-30T14:38:37+00:00

while opening internet checkers & internet spades in windows 7 an error message is encountered stating "a network error occurred while communicating with the game server (error code: 0x80041004)". i searched the microsoft site for this error code & found that something called "hotfix" is needed to solve this issue. i downloaded that file. it was unzipped to c drive. but it did not solve my problem. that error message still comes. what to do next?

Windows for home | Other | Gaming

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2009-12-31T13:31:26+00:00

shubham2336,

Welcome to Microsoft Windows.

I will need some more information to assist you better.

a)Is your computer connected to internet?

I will suggest you to reinstall the internet checkers & internet spades using Turn Windows features on or off and check if you come across the same problem.

You may follow the steps mentioned below:

1.      Click the Start button, click Control Panel, click Programs, and then click Turn Windows features on or off. If you're prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation.

2.      To turn a Windows feature on, select the check box next to the feature. To turn a Windows feature off, clear the check box. Click OK.

For more information on Turn Windows feature on or off, you may visit the link mentioned below:

Turn Windows features on or offhttp://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows7/Turn-Windows-features-on-or-off 

Hope this information is helpful.

Regards,

Sujan – Microsoft Support

Visit our Microsoft Answers Feedback Forum and let us know what you think.

Was this answer helpful?

30+ people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

56 additional answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2018-04-18T14:57:20+00:00

    Problem has returned!

    Had a nice 2 week run, or so, of no glitches/error messages.

    Now the error messages have returned.

    Tis an MS problem, only they can fix.

    But apparently, they can't, or don't want to keep it fixed. TWT

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2018-04-17T21:35:37+00:00

    your suggestion to turn/off the games in program did not work. your server is STILL down. no internet checkers or spades/

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2018-02-28T20:07:07+00:00

    I've been trying to play Internet Backgammon that was already installed on my computer in the GAMES when I purchased it, but every time I try and play it this error comes up that says 0 80041004 and I don't know why. I've tried everything that Google has said to try and even the uninstall/reinstall windows and it still didn't work. I really love the internet games but can Microsoft find a solution to fix this or update the games on the Windows 7 and up so we(the peoples) can enjoy these games at home.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2018-01-22T20:16:24+00:00

    Please fix error code 0+80041004 for my internet checkers.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments