HP Installer Setup has stopped working

Anonymous
2010-03-24T21:00:22+00:00

I am trying to install HP printer software on a Windows 7 Professional 64 bit computer.  When I run the file it completes extraction and then I get ar error message "HP Installer Setup has stopped working".  I have two options - 1, Close the Program, or 2. Windows check for a solution to the proglem and close the program.  Both of these close the program. 

Does a solution exists for this problem?

Windows for home | Previous Windows versions | Apps

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2011-03-27T12:20:00+00:00

It does show that  HP Photosmart C6180 is compatible with Windows 7 for both 64-bit and 32-bit computers.

The drivers come from HP to make their computer compatible with Windows 7. I would check the HP website to see if you have the latest driver set for your verison of the Photosmart printer.

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareCategory?product=1153494&lc=en&cc=us&dlc=en&lang=en&cc=us

If that doesn't help, you can post your question on the HP community website. http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Printer-All-in-One-Install-and/bd-p/Install

Thanks,

Marilyn

Was this answer helpful?

1 person found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

49 additional answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2010-06-03T12:00:54+00:00

    I see a lot of people are having problems installing programs in Windows 7, is there a problem that Microsoft has not identified?  I have tried everything without success in installing HP printer software.  Is there any way to diagnose this problem?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2010-05-30T15:40:03+00:00

    This problem is still not resolved.  HP has given up.  I think it's a software problem - not sure if it's HP or Microsoft, but HP software will not install on my computer.  Anybody have ans suggestions?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2010-05-26T12:24:11+00:00

    I worked with HP for the last two days without any progress resolving the problem.  Yesterday they said the problem was with my PC.  I tried running the HP setup.exe file that was extracted to the temp folder when I double click the HP file - it will not run and I did get a message that an incompatible application was detected.  All HP software that I have tried to install fails the same way, this does not happed with any other software that I have installed - approximately 50 applications.  I think there is something not compatible with HP's approach to install software and Windows 7 - HP did indicate that their approach to install software was different that other's approach.  This problem does not occur on all computers because the software will install on my son's computer which is running the same Windows 7 Professional 64 bit opeating system as my computer and both computers have the same AMD Phenom II X4 965 processor and 4GB RAM - both using a Biostar motherboard, but different motherboards.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2010-05-24T13:38:29+00:00

    No success. 

    I deleted everything in the %temp% location, ran the HP file (extraction completed, but setup failed).  I went to the temp folder and tried to run setup.exe using various settings (Windows XP, Windows Vista, etc) but none worked. I ran the Microsoft compatibility on “setup.exe” and get incompatible application detected.

    I do not have problems installing any other software, only HP software.  I have tried several different packages from HP and get the same results with all. 

    HP support worked on this problem on two occasions and had control of my PC for over 8 hours without success.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments