HP Installer Setup has stopped working

Anonymous
2010-03-24T21:00:22+00:00

I am trying to install HP printer software on a Windows 7 Professional 64 bit computer.  When I run the file it completes extraction and then I get ar error message "HP Installer Setup has stopped working".  I have two options - 1, Close the Program, or 2. Windows check for a solution to the proglem and close the program.  Both of these close the program. 

Does a solution exists for this problem?

Windows for home | Previous Windows versions | Apps

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2011-03-27T12:20:00+00:00

It does show that  HP Photosmart C6180 is compatible with Windows 7 for both 64-bit and 32-bit computers.

The drivers come from HP to make their computer compatible with Windows 7. I would check the HP website to see if you have the latest driver set for your verison of the Photosmart printer.

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareCategory?product=1153494&lc=en&cc=us&dlc=en&lang=en&cc=us

If that doesn't help, you can post your question on the HP community website. http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Printer-All-in-One-Install-and/bd-p/Install

Thanks,

Marilyn

Was this answer helpful?

1 person found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

49 additional answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2010-04-26T12:56:04+00:00

    Umish P, I have already tried a new download.  I also ordered the software from HP and received in on a CD which has the same problem.  I only have this problem with HP software, all other software has installed without any problems. 

    I also spent 8+ hours on the phone with HP and allowed them to have control of my PC for 8 hours - no progress on solving the problem.  I think this is a Windows 7 problem.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2010-04-23T01:41:27+00:00

    Hi,

    I would suggest you to download that software again and try installing it. May be the setup file which you have is corrupt.

    http://welcome.hp.com/country/us/en/support.html

    Regards,

    Umesh P - Microsoft Support

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2010-04-21T15:56:31+00:00

    I am not using the beta version of Internet Explorer 8.  I have IE8 version 8.0.7600.16385, that was included in a production version of Windows 7 Professional 64 bit. 

    I do not have problems installing any other software, only HP software.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Deleted

    This answer has been deleted due to a violation of our Code of Conduct. The answer was manually reported or identified through automated detection before action was taken. Please refer to our Code of Conduct for more information.


    Comments have been turned off. Learn more