HP Installer Setup has stopped working

Anonymous
2010-03-24T21:00:22+00:00

I am trying to install HP printer software on a Windows 7 Professional 64 bit computer.  When I run the file it completes extraction and then I get ar error message "HP Installer Setup has stopped working".  I have two options - 1, Close the Program, or 2. Windows check for a solution to the proglem and close the program.  Both of these close the program. 

Does a solution exists for this problem?

Windows for home | Previous Windows versions | Apps

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2011-03-27T12:20:00+00:00

It does show that  HP Photosmart C6180 is compatible with Windows 7 for both 64-bit and 32-bit computers.

The drivers come from HP to make their computer compatible with Windows 7. I would check the HP website to see if you have the latest driver set for your verison of the Photosmart printer.

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareCategory?product=1153494&lc=en&cc=us&dlc=en&lang=en&cc=us

If that doesn't help, you can post your question on the HP community website. http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Printer-All-in-One-Install-and/bd-p/Install

Thanks,

Marilyn

Was this answer helpful?

1 person found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

49 additional answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2016-01-26T13:01:22+00:00

    Hello NeverTell,

    Thanks for your advice.

    Yes, I have tried it. But, it has not solved the problem. Moreover, just now, "Microsoft .NET Framework 4.5.2" is loaded on my PC.

    I try to find a solution together the Technical Services (HP) of my computer.

    Greetings,

    Serdar.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2016-01-22T14:22:43+00:00

    Hi Serdar-MERT,

    Have you tried installing .NET Framework 3.5.1 as suggested above by Daniel Mourthé?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2015-12-27T15:43:09+00:00

    Hello NeverTell,

    The topic was opened on 24 March 2010. You said "I cannot believe that in 2014 this same issue still occurs.".

    And the date is 12.2015, we are entering to 2016, I say that no change. The problem is still continuing for me :))

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2014-05-23T19:49:03+00:00

    Hi Daniel,

    Your reply is very much appreciated! Fortunately for me, the issue was solved by itself, but I don't know exactly how. Probably the .NET Framework 3.5.1 setting was changed automatically during some system update.

    Still, I may need this info once again, if I ever have to rebuild my system again. Many thanks!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments