How do I put my taskbar back on bottom of screen?

Anonymous
2010-01-29T14:20:05+00:00

I need to know how do I put by taskbar back at the bottom of the screen. My task bar somehow was put to the side of the screen. Now when I go to open up a window, I am not able to see the whole window. What do I do?

Windows for home | Previous Windows versions | Accessibility

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2010-01-29T14:50:32+00:00

I need to know how do I put by taskbar back at the bottom of the screen. My task bar somehow was put to the side of the screen. Now when I go to open up a window, I am not able to see the whole window. What do I do?

2 ways :

  1. Right click on the taskbar, un-check Lock taskbar > put the cursor at the edge of the taskbar, click and Hold > drag it down to the bottom > right click again, put a checkmark on Lock the taskbar.
  2. Right click on an open space of the desktop > Graphic Options > Rotation > 90%. Don't forget to " Lock the taskbar ".

t-4-2

Was this answer helpful?

800+ people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

48 additional answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2017-08-20T18:07:29+00:00

    I need to know how do I put by taskbar back at the bottom of the screen. My task bar somehow was put to the side of the screen. Now when I go to open up a window, I am not able to see the whole window. What do I do?

    2 ways :

    1. Right click on the taskbar, un-check Lock taskbar > put the cursor at the edge of the taskbar, click and Hold > drag it down to the bottom > right click again, put a checkmark on Lock the taskbar.
    2. Right click on an open space of the desktop > Graphic Options > Rotation > 90%. Don't forget to " Lock the taskbar ".

    t-4-2

    The no answer was a mistake, It should have been  a yes. Sorry

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2017-04-12T01:27:38+00:00

    Hi thanks for the reply . I managed to bring the task bar to the bottom , But now the bottom task bar icons are not in straight line , From left to right it has been install like a curve shape . The right icons .... signal ,HP , date and time

    symbol sits in a check shape . How do I bring to straight line . Your advice please .

    Sammy

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2017-04-11T16:06:10+00:00

    I need to know how do I put by taskbar back at the bottom of the screen. My task bar somehow was put to the side of the screen. Now when I go to open up a window, I am not able to see the whole window. What do I do?

    1- right click on taskbar

    2-click settings

    3-change taskbar location to "bottom" or "right", where ever you want.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2017-04-02T10:45:52+00:00

    R/click on a space on vertical [or other] taskbar.  Go to properties > taskbar > [choose location eg. bottom > OK

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments