NFS client for Windows 7

Anonymous
2010-02-03T18:56:58+00:00

I have upgraded from XP to Windows 7 Professional. I used Windows Services for Unix in XP but have been informed this is not available for Windows 7. I do not see a NFS Client in the Windows 7 Professional version. What options are there?

Windows for home | Previous Windows versions | Apps

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2015-06-06T17:31:23+00:00

Nope - this is wrong - it is only available as a non-installed component on Enterprise versions of Windows 7. As you can see from this screenshot is NOT available on Professional:

Please stop posting this incorrect information - Thank you.

Was this answer helpful?

100+ people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2010-02-07T21:25:14+00:00

Hello all,

Thank you for posting to the Microsoft Answers Forum.

Click here for the link to download installing Utilities and SDK for Subsystem for UNIX-based Applications<!----><!--Published via DxPublisher.-->

Applies To: Windows 7, Windows Server 2008 R2

This should be the link you were looking for.

Thanks,


Marilyn

Microsoft Answers Support Engineer

Visit our Microsoft Answers Feedback Forum and let us know what you think

Was this answer helpful?

60+ people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

44 additional answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2012-04-21T01:57:00+00:00

    Thank you for posting to the Microsoft Answers Forum, I need NFS client for windows.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2012-03-09T21:56:16+00:00

    You might be able to disable the driver signing requirement. You could in older versions of windows. However, if service pack 1 is failing to install you might be infected, need to remove your not so awesome virus scanner (I recommend Microsoft Security Essentials which is free), or maybe you have a bad hard drive (SpinRite is the only reliable testing tool in my opinion, but the manufacturer's tools are better than nothing). Also why don't you remove those 10 programs, update all your drivers, and see if you can upgrade. Then you can reintroduce them. I know it's a pain, but you didn't exactly list what you have installed, so nobody would have a clue as to what the culprit might be. Also remove any hardware that isn't absolutely necessary for the computers function, aka printers, headsets, webcams, scanners, etc. and try upgrading or installing NFS and see if you don't get by without a driver signing message.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2012-03-09T21:51:07+00:00

    Actually, Windows 7 Pro includes Media Center.  I'm looking at it in my start menu right now and used it to records hundred of hours of television back before I got used to Netflix not having commercials and they got more content.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments