Output to 2 sound cards Simultaneously

Anonymous
2010-02-08T01:06:27+00:00

I have many reasons why I would want to output to multiple sound cards simultaneously. I know I am not the only one who was this problem based on a couple quick bing searches. 

I would like to be able to output sound to multiple sound cards at the same time instead of having to switch the "default device" in the audio panel all the time I want them ALL to be the default device. I want to use my USB headset and my speakers at the same time. I know windows is capable of this because while one is playing I can "test" the other and they both play sound at the same time

As far as I know there is simply no setting for this. PLEASE HELP!

Windows for home | Previous Windows versions | Music, photos, and video

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2010-02-08T20:07:19+00:00

Hi,

Unfortunately this cannot be accomplished, as it is by-design,

Here only one device can be marked as default device, for more information follow these below steps.

  1. Click Start, type Sound in the Start Search box.
  2. Click Sound in the search results at the top of the Start menu.
  3. Click the Playback tab. Notice the check mark next to the default device.

As this is a by-design issue, there would be nothing much we can do from our end.

If you want to suggest change in the design here is the link you can refer to:  Microsoft Connect - Product Feedback and Bug Reporting | Microsoft...

https://connect.microsoft.com/dashboard/info/ 

Thanks and Regards:

I. Suuresh Kumar- Microsoft Support.

Visit our Microsoft Answers Feedback Forumand let us know what you think.

Was this answer helpful?

9 people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

42 additional answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2015-08-02T19:38:04+00:00

    So why is this By-design? seems like it is more counter-productive.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2015-08-02T20:31:36+00:00

    So why is this By-design? seems like it is more counter-productive.

    Maybe while they tried pulling it off, this happened one too many times: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IW7Rqwwth84&t=0m06s

    ... and so they thought to themselves "Alright, f* it. We'll just design it so that it can only output sound to one card at a time."

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2016-01-02T01:16:07+00:00

    Is it possible to mimic a quadraphonic speaker set where two speakers are connected via line out and two speakers via bluetooth. This would reduce my cabling in the living room tremendously, as I would like to use the bluetooth speaker as a set of rear speakers

    Best regards,

    Stefan

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2016-02-07T17:40:44+00:00

    thank you for this jamesyeah.  I was really perturbed that there wasn't a simple solution to this that would work.  The vb audio voicemeeter software is great.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments