Registry Cleaner that works well with Windows 7 Pro 64 bit OS

Anonymous
2009-12-23T16:17:49+00:00

Do you or can you recommend a Registry Cleaner that works well with Windows 7?  In my searches I found RegAce to be the best recommend but on commencing to run the application Windows 7 gave a warning that it had not been tested on this OS.

What solution should I follow?

Thanks, DAVID.

Windows for home | Previous Windows versions | Apps

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2009-12-27T18:09:11+00:00

Hello DaveJB,

Thank you for posting on the Microsoft Answers Forum.

Have you tried to use the Windows Installer Cleanup Utility. Click here to download the tool.

You can use the utility to remove installation information for programs that were installed by using Windows Installer. Be aware that Windows Installer CleanUp Utility will not remove the actual program from your computer. However, it will remove the installation files so that you can start the installation, upgrade, or uninstall over.

Please reply back and let us know if this utlitiy helped to resolve your issue.

Sincerely,


Marilyn

Microsoft Answers Support Engineer

Visit our Microsoft Answers Feedback Forum and let us know what you think

Was this answer helpful?

50+ people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2011-05-01T06:29:43+00:00

David, I recently ran across a similar problem on a friend's computer.  I even tried logging in as administrator in safe mode... nada.  Then someone suggested this

http://www.revouninstaller.com/revo_uninstaller_free_download.html

The free version worked awesome.  I used it and then uninstalled it.

Was this answer helpful?

10+ people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

53 additional answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2011-10-18T08:14:41+00:00

    Hey Mr. Blake,

    I kinda got that from someone else too!!! I hear if you fool around with the registry, and not know what your doing, you can DESTROY your PC all 2gether!!! But ealier today, my PC start running a litte slow. So i was doing an assignment i have online, and had to download a program called "wiz-registry". It said I had like 504 problems, and my damage level was high!!! So what do i do, and how do I fix that without using a registry cleaner???  James Hawthorne III

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2011-09-12T04:07:44+00:00

    I would recommend ccleaner.

    you can download it free from filehippo.com

    or ccleaner site.......http://www.piriform.com/CCLEANER

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2011-08-28T09:23:18+00:00

    With all due respect, I have to disagree. I wish you were right, but it has happened to me several times in XP and windows 7 that the only way I could get my computer running SHORT of format-and-reinstall was to use a registry cleaner. That said, I will agree that I am increasingly of the opinion that one can rescue OR TERMINATE a computer with a registry cleaner. Been there, done both. The longer I use my computer the more chary I've become of these two-edged swords.

    Dave "KAHUNA" Binko

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments